Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: I Didn't Get The Decision, But I Think I Fought a Great Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Amanda Serrano: I Didn't Get The Decision, But I Think I Fought a Great Fight

Katie Taylor edged out Amanda Serrano to retain her undisputed lightweight crown in an epic fight for the ages at a sold-out Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

...and if it were men in there, NSB would have no problem agreeing that Serrano was landing the harder shots. But since it wasn't men in there...all of a sudden hard punches don't matter anymore. So
    MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

Invest that money, Amanda. Don't just spend it.

Buy some apartment units to rent out or something. Put your money to work, have it bring in more money.

Boxing isn't forever and you'll need income after your career is over.

Comment

And that's how you take a loss, no excuses just pure respect. Hats off to Serrano for being so humble and not moaning about the decision, or cheating, or costumes or whatever. A different set of judges could have scored it her way, so I'm sure next time she'll go harder and not leave it up to them. Lots of men should take note of how she's taking it. Great champion, she'll be back.

Comment

Originally posted by Leicesterage View Post
          ...and if it were men in there, NSB would have no problem agreeing that Serrano was landing the harder shots. But since it wasn't men in there...all of a sudden hard punches don't matter anymore. So
          Tell 'em!
          Hats off to Amanda for taking the loss in stride but I was expecting more outrage from such a poor decision. Except for taking her foot off the gas in round 7, I fail to see how Amanda loss that fight.
          I shall add that this fight was the best case to illustrate how women need 3 minutes round. In some of those rounds, One more minute in there for Taylor would have spelled her doom.

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post
            And that's how you take a loss, no excuses just pure respect. Hats off to Serrano for being so humble and not moaning about the decision, or cheating, or costumes or whatever. A different set of judges could have scored it her way, so I'm sure next time she'll go harder and not leave it up to them. Lots of men should take note of how she's taking it. Great champion, she'll be back.
            A decision in Ireland? And she might not be able to KO Katie with these 2 minutes rounds.
            MulaKO MulaKO likes this.

Comment

You did.

Kudos to you and Katie.
              You just lost to the better boxer.

Cheers!
              Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Finally watched it.

​​​​​​Not sure what the fuss is about. Katie did almost got knocked out, but won most the rounds imo. Serrano clearly had a tough night, hence her comments.

Serrano, at best, could've been given a draw.
                Think the score could've ranged from 5-5 to 7-3 Taylor. So a Taylor win looks most fair imo.

Bloody good fight though. Taylor does love a tear up.
                Nash out Nash out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post

Tell 'em!
                  Hats off to Amanda for taking the loss in stride but I was expecting more outrage from such a poor decision. Except for taking her foot off the gas in round 7, I fail to see how Amanda loss that fight.
                  I shall add that this fight was the best case to illustrate how women need 3 minutes round. In some of those rounds, One more minute in there for Taylor would have spelled her doom.
                  Crummy decision. Serrano one that fight. The gave the Real Deal a raw deal.

Comment

Originally posted by sayf View Post

I agree with everything you said
                    I thought Amanda was the heavier handed fighter
                    She did quite a bit of bodywork to lead up to that 5th round
                    I guess the judges didn’t see that work as much more than that
                    And yes , 3 minute rounds are needed in the women’s game ( explains why not so many knockouts ) , Katie would of been curtains in the 5th
                    I think she let her foot off the gas in the second half of the fight but still won some rounds clearly

And , yes it is nice to see , for a change , a fighter taking a defeat the way she did

Comment

Working...
                    X