Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: My Game Plan Was To Beat The Whole Team - Valdez, Canelo, Reynoso

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Shakur Stevenson: My Game Plan Was To Beat The Whole Team - Valdez, Canelo, Reynoso

WBO super featherweight world champion Shakur Stevenson outboxed and outfoxed WBC champion Oscar Valdez via unanimous decision (118-109 2x and 117-110) Saturday evening in from of 10,102 fans at the MGM Grand Garden Arena.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Stevenson boxed well, between rounds you can tell Reynoso was giving good instructions, but Valdez did not follow, he seemed to do it early and then lost focused, it also seemed the crowd and magnitude of the fight caught up with Valdez as he seemed nervous and looking to impress instead of sticking to the game plan, regardless, Stevenson did his job, unfortunately for Valdez he did not do his. The one thing I will say, I wonder how much video on Stevenson did they watch, not to notice that Stevenson holds his Jab out and throws low blows, they should of been better prepared for that, IDK if they brought it up to the ref during pre-fight, and I never heard Reynoso during breaks for Valdez to do something about it. Valdez could of slapped his hand away, hold your hand to his face, give the low blows right back, I can see why Ward is so high on Stevenson..... Regardless, I don't fault fighters for using some tricks in there, if the ref is allowing it, then why not? It was up to Valdez to give it right back to even things up, As experienced as Valdez is, I was expecting more in that factor of the fight. You live, You learn.
    bigsmoothh bigsmoothh likes this.

Comment

Why the hell was Reynoso the cut man and the trainer???

Dude even forgot to put his mouth piece in for him??? Strange???

Comment

Eddie Reynoso over rated. Personally I think Derrick James is better and he was an actual fighter. I think Valdez will find a new trainer.
        Oldskoolg Oldskoolg Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

I was for Valdez before the bad test, but I've seen what drugs do. No disrespect for Shakur, that was a master class, but drugs don't leave you where they found you, they break you down. If you quit, you are less than when you started.

Comment

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
            Eddie Reynoso over rated. Personally I think Derrick James is better and he was an actual fighter. I think Valdez will find a new trainer.
            Valdez has reached his peak and is on a decline let’s face he lost his last fight as well no new trainer will help

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

I always agree a fighter always makes a better trainer as long as he knows how to teach each fighter according to their size and not to his

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post

I thought Reynoso was trying to buy him time. How does a guy with that experience forget the mouthpiece

Comment

To be a superstar Shakur has to take these guys out when he's dominating them.

Not just win decisions.
                  wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Nash could not understand, that when Valdez fell far behind, that he did not tag in Canelo? Nash out.
                    wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X