Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Breaks Down, Stops Jessie Vargas in Tenth of Action Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Breaks Down, Stops Jessie Vargas in Tenth of Action Fight

NEW YORK - Liam Smith remains in the hunt for a second title run. The fighting pride of Liverpool registered his best win post-title reign, earning a tenth-round stoppage of Las Vegas' Jessie Vargas. No knockdown were scored in the battle of former titlists, but Vargas was rendered defenseless in forcing a stoppage at 0:41 of round then in their junior middleweight affair Saturday evening at Madison Square Garden in New York City.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-30-2022, 09:06 PM.

Not gonna lie, this has actually been an entertaining event. When Paul or Shields aren't fishing for twitter followers or headlines they can be somewhat enjoyable.
    MeanestNiceGuy MeanestNiceGuy likes this.

Comment

I’m just so surprised…..

Comment

Jessie tried to bite off a lil more than he can chew tonight taking on Smith in his 1st fight at 154lbs.. dude hasn't fought in like 2 years deep down he had to know this fight wasn't really winnable so seems like he's just cashing out here..credit to Jessie for not laying down and going out on his shield though

Comment

I give Vargas credit for sticking it out because he was getting beaten like a drum in there. He surprised me that he didn't get TKO'd earlier in the fight, guy was getting straight battered.

Comment

I actually Like Liam and his style but this mean absolutely nothing. Vargas hasn't bested anyone in years, literally!
            Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Good fight, good result

Comment

Very good fight. Enjoyable. Stopped at the right point too.

Comment

I can see why Canelo cherrypicked Liam Smith when he was inexperienced and young. Prime Liam Smith gives Canelo hell.

Comment

Originally posted by BigDramaShow! View Post
                    I can see why Canelo cherrypicked Liam Smith when he was inexperienced and young. Prime Liam Smith gives Canelo hell.
                    can’t tell if you’re being sarcastic or serious….

Comment

Working...
                    X