Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nico Ali Walsh: I Think Tyson Fury is a Top Five Heavyweight of All Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nico Ali Walsh: I Think Tyson Fury is a Top Five Heavyweight of All Time

21-year-old Nico Ali Walsh, the grandson of heavyweight legend Muhammad Ali, has a lot of respect for the abilities of Tyson Fury. Ali Walsh was impressed with Fury's win from last Saturday night at Wembley Stadium in London.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-28-2022, 10:57 AM.

Nobody can beat Ali? Sure I'll write off the Holmes loss as he was mentally and physically about 100 years old then, due to his condition, but the dude in his prime lost 3 times to Ken Norton. Nash knows that people like to pretend that Ali won 2 or 3 of those fights, but did he hell. And Norton, honestly was no great shakes. He'd certainly rank below even Hughie Fury, never mind GOAT Fury. Nash is telling you all now, prime Ali vs prime Joseph Parker would be a 50-50 fight. But the question is, can you handle that truth? Nash out - boxing expert.

Comment

Didn't know that beating a fringe contender like Whyte would give Fury so many accolades of this type.
      Since1976 Deleted Oldskoolg Oldskoolg like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
        Nobody can beat Ali? Sure I'll write off the Holmes loss as he was mentally and physically about 100 years old then, due to his condition, but the dude in his prime lost 3 times to Ken Norton. Nash knows that people like to pretend that Ali won 2 or 3 of those fights, but did he hell. And Norton, honestly was no great shakes. He'd certainly rank below even Hughie Fury, never mind GOAT Fury. Nash is telling you all now, prime Ali vs prime Joseph Parker would be a 50-50 fight. But the question is, can you handle that truth? Nash out - boxing expert.
        I'd take a Ali with his 61 fights and 5 losses and 19 title defences over Fury and his 33 unbeaten fights and TWO title defences any day of the week. Fury's resume doesn't compare. Like Fury didn't lose against Price or McDermott? or win illegally against Cunningham?

No way would Ali run from a chance to unify the titles like Fury has.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

I'd take a Ali with his 61 fights and 5 losses and 19 title defences over Fury and his 33 unbeaten fights and TWO title defences any day of the week. Fury's resume doesn't compare. Like Fury didn't lose against Price or McDermott? or win illegally against Cunningham?

When did Fury fight Price?

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post

Didn't fight Price, I said prime Ali, so by that token I mean prime Fury, which is hardly the guy that fought Mcdermott, btw, tons of people thought Fury beat Mcdermott clearly, I had it 97-93, but many were too influenced by the horrific Sky commentary which was against Fury from the start, which included a line about Mcdermott rocking Fury, somewhere around Round 8 if memory serves, which missed by about 3 feet. Haye was part of the commentary team, no surprise. It was very biased against raw Fury, but raw Fury still won pretty clearly imo, but besides, I am talking prime, as I said, not including Ali vs Holmes.

"illegal" things happen in every fight in a boxing ring, it's a physical game, but long story short, Cunningham got TKFO against raw Fury. Title defences mean little, it's about the quality of opponent, and Fury ain't running, Usyk will get his beating, do not worry. Viva la Fury. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
              Zora Folley would be the closest to Ali's "prime" that we ever got to see. He was never quite the same after sitting out for 2.5 years, assuming he'd never get to box again he didn't seem to stay in shape and was always fighting his weight during his comeback. He was taking diet pills to lose weight during his last fights and clearly already suffering from physical problems and slurring his speech by then.
              Oldskoolg Oldskoolg likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                Didn't know that beating a fringe contender like Whyte would give Fury so many accolades of this type.
                It baffles me as well. Being the best of the lot now doesn’t put one on the level of an Ali, Holmes, Lewis, Holyfield, Johnson, Louis, Foreman, Frazier, Tunney, etc etc

Comment

We aren't even mentioning how they used to fight 15 rounds back then, without all the modern science we have now for training/nutrition and yet most boxers are exhausted by 8-10 rounds these days. Fury has excellent stamina for somebody his size, or any heavyweight for that matter but I doubt he'd be signing up to go 15 rounds with Ali.

Comment

I'd say within top 10 all time. Certainly much better than any current HW that we know for sure.

Comment

Working...
                    X