Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Haney Says He Demanded 'Fair Judges' for Kambosos Fight During Talks: 'I Wanted Nothing Else'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Haney Says He Demanded 'Fair Judges' for Kambosos Fight During Talks: 'I Wanted Nothing Else'

Devin Haney is confident he won't be the recipient of a crooked scorecard or two in his next fight. The Las Vegas-based WBC lightweight titleholder will hit the road this summer to challenge WBA, WBO, and IBF champion George Kambosos in Kambosos' homeland of Australia on June 5. Their 12-round undisputed lightweight match will take place at Marvel Stadium in Melbourne.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Haney is up against it here, will have to put on a sound outboxing lesson on GK start to end to get the win... any remotely close or back and forth rounds will be going to gk.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by super-x View Post
      Haney is up against it here, will have to put on a sound outboxing lesson on GK start to end to get the win... any remotely close or back and forth rounds will be going to gk.
      Yep and if Kambosos manages to knock Haney down he will automatically win no matter what. Haney has a tall task ahead of him "down under"

Comment

Sounds like excuses.

Pac/Horn had not only international judges on fight night, but worldwide judges rescored it and nothing changed.

Haney, you got one job: do SLIGHTLY better than Lee Selby.

If you can't do that, you don't deserve to win. Period.
        champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Hope this bum gets knocked out.
          LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

If there are fair and impartial judges then George Kambosos, Jr doesn't stand a chance. Devin Haney would box circles around this guy. I can see scores of 120-108 across the board. However, on a serious note; I don't believe the judging will play a major role in this fight.

Devin Haney is just the better all around fighter plain and simple. Likewise, the three official judges will see it that way also. I'm more concerned about the referee. if the ref allows Kambosos to maul, mug and roughhouse Haney on the inside like Jeff Horn did Manny Pacquiao then that would be of a major concern.

It was the only reason why Pac lost that fight because Horn was able to make it a lot closer by fighting dirty.
            Last edited by champion4ever; 04-28-2022, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Haney setting up excuses already. He got the fight. Not sure why he keeps bringing up that he’s not the “a” side. This fights gonna be closer than people think kambumsauce is better than people think.

Comment

Devin doesn’t sound too confident of scoring a knockout of George. I certainly don’t blame him advocating for decent Judges, he’s given every advantage their is to Kambosos so he’s every right to request the odd thing.
                champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

lol, he'll need them. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Haney is more than likely going to hit and move. Lot of potshots. Rarely giving Kambosos any chance to set and flurry back with him. This fight is about 90% going to the score cards. With that said, ANY type of activity that looks good for Kambosos will score him the rd. Even those last 10 seconds. The judges will be there looking to give Kambosos anything and have any excuse to give it to him.

I know some might say, well that's BS, hometown robbery, blah blah, and I agree, with some fights where that happens and is blatant. Yet in this instance, I want to see Haney go after it. He should look like he wants it just as bad as Kambosos wants to keep them. I don't think a guy deserves all the titles from little shots here and there while moving around or away from the champion as much as possible. Just doesn't sit well for me to consider he actually earned the belts.

So we know what the narrative is in advanced. Let's see what Haney decides to do because we already know what Kambosos is going to do.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloBlue View Post
                    Hope this bum gets knocked out.
                    Yes!!! Let's go Devin knock Kambosauce azz out

Comment

Working...
                    X