No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Valdez: A Unification Rarity at 130

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Valdez: A Unification Rarity at 130

By Cliff Rold - Unification fever is everywhere in boxing right now. Weeks removed from Errol Spence-Yordenis Ugas at welterweight, Jr. lightweight gets into the mix. 24-year old US Olympic silver medalist Shakur Stevenson (17-0, 9 KO) puts his WBO belt on the line against 31-year old 2012 Mexican Olympian and WBC titlist Oscar Valdez (30-0, 23 KO). It's both men's second title in as many weight classes and both enter closely removed from career best wins.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Great article cliff. Big fan of your words. Some rich history at 130 thnx for the background
    crold1 crold1 Kpmaryland Kpmaryland like this.

Comment

Against this backdrop, Stevenson-Valdez will match the near-consensus top two at 130 lbs. TBRB and Ring will each recognize the winner as the new rightful champion at the weight. It will mark the start of a new lineage for the first time since Manny Pacquiao left for heavier achievement years ago.
      I disagree, Oscar Valdez should be suspended at the moment for abusing PED's, many also feel that he robbed Robson Conceicao. I will not recognize the winner as the lineal champion, even if it is Shakur Stevenson who I'm rooting for.

130 is a mess, Roger Gutierrez is the #2 as far as I'm concern ; thats the fight. Now, it would only complicate things if Oscar Valdez beats Stevenson, because ontop of being a drugs cheat that should be banned right now, he probably would be in position to face Gutierrez for the lineage -- then we got a Tyson Fury situation over here.

Comment

Working...
      X