Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Stands Firm on Retiring From Boxing: I'm Quitting While I'm Ahead

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Stands Firm on Retiring From Boxing: I'm Quitting While I'm Ahead

WBC heavyweight champion Tyson Fury is standing firm that he's likely going to retire from the sport of boxing. Fury, 33-years-old, was in action last Saturday night at Wembley Stadium in London. He put away mandatory challenger Dillian Whyte in six rounds, with a crowd of 94,000 fans watching.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Tyson fury did an interview today with piers Morgan, who is a presenter for tv shows over here in the uk.

Piers asked him if he’s retiring, Tyson fury said he’s done, and what stood out for me is that he said ‘gospel truth I am retiring’. I’m not a religious guy but I believe that is the same as saying ‘I swear to god I’m retiring’.

Now Tyson fury is a very religious guy, he thanks Jesus and god all the time, there’s no way he would lie about something and use god with it too. I now believe him that he has actually retired.

The whole interview is on YouTube on Piers Morgan uncensored YouTube channel. He also talks about Mike Tyson’s plane incident which was funny.

Comment

Yes, he is retired we believe fury he isn't fibbing. But he can unretire and still be good enough to beat the supposed man to beat him.

Last edited by hugh grant; 04-27-2022, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Damn shame if he's being honest. Not getting Fury vs Joshua/Usyk would be on par to not seeing Crawford vs Spence. It would be the biggest,most profitable fight since May/Pac,don't understand why he wouldn't want to be apart of that?!

Comment

If it's true it will allow the winner of Usyk/Joshua to become the new Lineal champion as it will be a 1v2 as per the current TBRB & Ring rankings.

Fury will announce his return later this year and fight the winner early next year in an attempt to become a three-time Lineal champion (or two-time).

Comment

what an oddball

Comment

like floyd mayweather basically.

Comment

Originally posted by £-4-£ View Post
                If it's true it will allow the winner of Usyk/Joshua to become the new Lineal champion as it will be a 1v2 as per the current TBRB & Ring rankings.
                Well that would be the question a reporter needs to ask him to find out if he has actually retired.

"So Tyson, is Usyk v Joshua now for the lineal title?"

His answer will tell us whether he is actually retired.

For what it's worth I already think it is for Lineal. Fury lost it by retiring and getting banned. Joshua v Klitschko was 1v2 regardless of whether TBRB officially removed Klitschko just before the fight was announced (and then reinstated him at #2 behind Joshua after the fight).
                ​​​​​

Comment

Fury, you worked hard for this. Don't let Josh and usyk be lineal if you really believe you can beat either quite easy. Of course if you didn't think you could beat them by all means call it a day, that's understandable
                  Last edited by hugh grant; 04-27-2022, 05:48 PM.
                  JakeTheBoxer JakeTheBoxer likes this.

Comment

This action doesn't surprise me in the least bit. I knew that Fury was going to have to abruptly retire and end his boxing career because they have a lot of evidence on him. Once Bob Arum throws you under the bus by distancing himself from you. It means that you are knee deep in shit for real.

Comment

Working...
                    X