Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: I Think Fury & Ngannou Do Bigger Business Than Mayweather & McGregor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Bob Arum: I Think Fury & Ngannou Do Bigger Business Than Mayweather & McGregor

While teasing retirement, Tyson Fury issued a mixed message by bringing his friend, Francis Ngannou, to the center of the ring following his sixth-round knockout of Dillian Whyte on Saturday night at Wembley Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fury ain't Mayweather and Ngannou ain't McGregor so the answer is no, Bob

Comment

I heard that one of the reasons the 'Gypsy-Bum' retired is because he cant sell tickets in America without Deontay 'The Bronze-Bum' Wilder.

Comment

Not a ****ing chance. It would do about a quarter of the buys I think, which is still pretty good granted.

Comment

Not a flipping chance! Von Elias said it perfectly!

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            I heard that one of the reasons the 'Gypsy-Bum' retired is because he cant sell tickets in America without Deontay 'The Bronze-Bum' Wilder.
            Without that bum he wouldn't have become champion again and would've faded into obscurity.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              So now Deontay is a bum to you? I was a Wilder fan long before Fury and still a Wilder fan. I wont flip flop because he lost to the better man SMH people on here kill me using the word bum

Comment

What makes Bob so sure he'll be involved, esp. after stabbing "Dan the man" in the back?

Comment

Cant see it

Even without Mayweather in the equation, I think people forget what a phenomenon Conor McGregor was for a moment in time in terms of popularity, He was the biggest crossover star in combat sports at the time. He was arguably the A side in that fight in terms of popularity and support, just not in the split and contract. Then add Mayweather to the mix, the biggest grossing boxer of all time with PPV records etc..

Fury is certainly a big star now, but Ngannou hasn’t got anywhere near the stardom McGregor had. Even my grandparents knew who McGregor was and my sisters who care very little about sport. The average Joe on the street doesn’t know who Ngannou is.

Also, the Floyd v McGregor fight took the mystique out of it for casuals in terms of boxing v UFC. An old retired Floyd carried a prime McGregor. I think the reality of that would affect the hype for this one of its mostly boxing rules

still, it’ll be huge I’m sure but not Floyd v Conor levels.

landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

Bob like most old people just be talking to talk. Just nod your head snd keep it moving

Comment

Working...
                    X