Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: I Want To Make a Statement, Get The Canelo-Bivol Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez: I Want To Make a Statement, Get The Canelo-Bivol Winner

Former world champion and light heavyweight contender Gilberto "Zurdo" Ramirez (43-0, 29 KOs) of Mazatl?n, Mexico, and Oscar De La Hoya, Chairman and CEO of Golden Boy, hosted a press conference today to discuss Zurdo's upcoming fight against former WBA Interim-light heavyweight champion Dominic Boesel (32-2, 12 KOs) of Freyburg, Germany on Saturday, May 14.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Zurdo been calling out everyone for ages but hasn't fought anybody... No one cares about these fights
    Hnnnggg Hnnnggg AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

He made himself irrelevant

Comment

43 fights, still only 2 really good wins:
        Arthur Abraham
        Maxim Vlasov

That's pretty much his entire resume in my eyes, and beating Boesel won't do much to improve it.

Comment

Am I the only one that is totally unimpressed with this dude? Definitely doesn't deserve the winner of Canelo-Bivol. Hasn't done **** really.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
            43 fights, still only 2 really good wins:
            Arthur Abraham
            Maxim Vlasov

That's pretty much his entire resume in my eyes, and beating Boesel won't do much to improve it.
            Jesse hart and undefeated porky are also decent

Comment

Your brilliant manager Mr Suh has driven your career into the ground, SMFH...

Comment

Unpopular opinion here: If for anything, put this fight in Mexico City and rake in the money from the Hispanic fans and boxing purists. Zurdo has the physical tools to give Canelo fits. He's durable, rangy, and can box. Maybe not box better than Canelo but he should make the fight exciting. People are saying Joe Smith has power that would give Canelo pause, but Vlasov took Joe the distance and was giving Joe fits at times. Frankly, if Canelo only has seven more fights left in him, these are the seven I wish to see him in against:

1) Bivol -175 (first strap)
                2) GGG (let's just get it over with, ever great fighter has a trilogy, this is Canelo's) -catchweight
                3) Joe Smith Jr - 175 (second strap)
                4) Bieterbiev - 175 (unified, and Bieterbiev would have been aged)
                5) Zurdo - 175 (Money fight/compatriot fight/lighter touch) - vacate after the fight - 175
                5) Mairis Briedes - 190 (cruiserweight title to get his feet wet at heavier weight) 190
                6) Lawrence Okolie - 190 (cruiserweight )
                7) Usyk at catch weight/weight limit of 210 for the heavyweight crown

Benavides and Andrade will never get their shot, neither will Charlo. Once Canelo goes up, he's not coming down. If he runs through this list, undefeated, he's easily top 10 ATG in my book.
                Bogotazo Bogotazo likes this.

Comment

Another fraud. Sit right over at Top Prank and never asked Bob for the Beterbiev fight.
                  AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by exkluesive View Post
                    Unpopular opinion here: If for anything, put this fight in Mexico City and rake in the money from the Hispanic fans and boxing purists. Zurdo has the physical tools to give Canelo fits. He's durable, rangy, and can box. Maybe not box better than Canelo but he should make the fight exciting. People are saying Joe Smith has power that would give Canelo pause, but Vlasov took Joe the distance and was giving Joe fits at times. Frankly, if Canelo only has seven more fights left in him, these are the seven I wish to see him in against:

1) Bivol -175 (first strap)
                    2) GGG (let's just get it over with, ever great fighter has a trilogy, this is Canelo's) -catchweight
                    3) Joe Smith Jr - 175 (second strap)
                    4) Bieterbiev - 175 (unified, and Bieterbiev would have been aged)
                    5) Zurdo - 175 (Money fight/compatriot fight/lighter touch) - vacate after the fight - 175
                    5) Mairis Briedes - 190 (cruiserweight title to get his feet wet at heavier weight) 190
                    6) Lawrence Okolie - 190 (cruiserweight )
                    7) Usyk at catch weight/weight limit of 210 for the heavyweight crown

Benavides and Andrade will never get their shot, neither will Charlo. Once Canelo goes up, he's not coming down. If he runs through this list, undefeated, he's easily top 10 ATG in my book.
                    If he beats Bivol, Beterbiev, Little G and "USYK" he will be easily GOAT. Usyk is still irrelevant here. Gtfoh.

Comment

Working...
                    X