Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Tears Into Division Rivals: 'All These Fighters Talk Rubbish; You Want a Payday'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Conor Benn Tears Into Division Rivals: 'All These Fighters Talk Rubbish; You Want a Payday'

Not even the thrill of authoring yet another highlight-reel knockout was going to keep Conor Benn from lashing out at his divisional rivals. Moments after stopping Chris van Heerden in brutal fashion in the second round of a welterweight bout at Manchester Arena in Manchester, England, Benn, the rising 147-pound contender, addressed the fighters who have been calling him out for some time - presumably Florian Marku and David Avanesyan - and did not bother hiding his disgust.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Right, right. He wants Amir Khan, Kell Brook or Adrien Broner. All legacy fights.

Comment

JFC. I rate Benn, or at least like him, but you can start lifting Canelo’s rhetoric when you’ve achieved what Canelo’s achieved.
      Smash Smash Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Another one of Hearns completely delusional fighters .What has this kid done to talk like this ? No amateur pedigree and hand picked fights as a pro. I'm all for supporting our fellow countrymen but this is getting really embarrassing.....

Comment

Well the other fighters in the division, have not had his upbringing. And do not come from his background. They don't have that safety net there to fall back on etc.

It maybe is a bit flippant, but in the professional game? Most fighters will be business orientated.

Comment

I just don't see it. Benn gets exposed as soon as he fights someone who isn't an old man turning up for a payday.

Comment

Benn at this stage, is even more protected and fake as AJ's career was.

Comment

This kid is cringeworthy AF.

Comment

Lol he talks like he’s the champ and cash cow of the division

his best win is a part time boxer, an old Chris Algieri. His main jobs are nutritionist and broadcaster.

His team won’t even put him in with anyone without feather fists.

Comment

"We are challenging the big names"

Granados, Vasquez, Algieri and Van Heerden. Tried to get 140lber Maurice Hooker coming off a brutal KO loss.

I don't criticize those fights, I actually think it's good matchmaking for a guy still learning on the job. And he's performed in those fights; however Benn is talking like he fought some murderers row.

He and Ryan Garcia both need to throttle down the gum flapping until they start beating uncompromised contenders in their primes.

Comment

Working...
                    X