Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fernando Vargas On 3 Sons Fighting For Triller: They All Have Talent, I Won't Sacrifice Kids For Money

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fernando Vargas On 3 Sons Fighting For Triller: They All Have Talent, I Won't Sacrifice Kids For Money

Former two-time junior middleweight titlist "Ferocious" Fernando Vargas is hoping the world sees that he's produced world champion-caliber offspring when his three sons star on a Triller Fight Club pay-per-view event on May 14 at The Forum in Los Angeles.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Vargas? Been a long time since I've heard that name.

Glad to hear he's doing well.
    LAchargers373 LAchargers373 likes this.

Comment

Ive always wondered,if Fernando vargas cherry picked in his carreer how far would he have got too.I've seen videos of his kids boxing and their great can't wait too see more of them

Comment

Triller are absolute donkeys, but at least they’ve got good taste in music.

Having said that, find it hard to understand who their market is. Social media goobers that only u21s know in a number of fights, antiquated hip hop acts that only over-45s know as their musical attractions. No disrespect intended here: ****ing cypress hill and onyx. But it’s a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by EL GANCHO View Post
          Ive always wondered,if Fernando vargas cherry picked in his carreer how far would he have got too.I've seen videos of his kids boxing and their great can't wait too see more of them
          Probably, he was moved fast from what I remember. He arguably lost that fight to Winky Wright and then beat Quartey in a close decision. Taking on a monster like Tito when you're only 22 is a tough ask. His fight with Oscar was epic because of the bad blood between the two.

​​​​

Comment

Fernando Vargas was so good coming up, that you can bet your house that none of his son's will even come close to emulating his career.
            He was matched so tough, so early in his career, it actually wasn't fair to the boxer to having him fighting at such an challenging level.
            It doesn't even matter if his team or the boxer himself thought that he was up to task at hand, it was detrimental to his learning curve, and his health as well.
            The course chosen for him definitely shortened his illustrious career, and future financial gains that he would've earned further on in his career.
            His son's are just staring their career's so it's way to early to even contemplate if they'll even win a championship, let alone fight for one.
            The son's might turn out to be good fighters, maybe even enter the top 10 ranking's, but they most likely won't have the grit, determination, and skills their father had.
            Simply because they didn't grow up in the hard scrabble poverty that their dad had to endure, their living a more comfortable life growing up will probably leave them less willing to risk it all in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post

Probably, he was moved fast from what I remember. He arguably lost that fight to Winky Wright and then beat Quartey in a close decision. Taking on a monster like Tito when you're only 22 is a tough ask. His fight with Oscar was epic because of the bad blood between the two.

​​​​
              If I remember correctly Fernando's post fight drug test came up positive for steroids, so he was a two time loser on that night against Oscar.
              which you have to give Oscar even more credit for beating a dangerous fighter to begin with, who was also on a performance enhancing drug.
              JohnnyCan JohnnyCan likes this.

Comment

Jr. already has a pretty big head if you watch the interview with him on Paulie tv on youtube. He very well might be the least talented of the 3 as well. Seems like he will be the next big mouth on social media.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

If I remember correctly Fernando's post fight drug test came up positive for steroids, so he was a two time loser on that night against Oscar.
                  which you have to give Oscar even more credit for beating a dangerous fighter to begin with, who was also on a performance enhancing drug.
                  Ah yes, I forgot about him peeing hot afterwards. Good memory! That was such a grudge match, it mattered to both but I think El Feroz desperately wanted to humble Oscar that night and was probably willing to do whatever it took to make it happen. Credit to Oscar for the win.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post

Meh. Tito ruined vargas. Not quite as bad as reid, but Vargas wasn’t the same after the tito fight. His punch resistance was gone. The last KD Trinidad put on him that fight (3rd I believe)mills lane said “it sounded like a gunshot”. The winky and quartey fights were close, but winky and bazooka were elite. Tito put a comprehensive beating on him that he never recovered from.

Comment

Working...
                    X