Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: My Hand Felt Good, Felt Like I Should Have Had Better Timing With It, Though

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: My Hand Felt Good, Felt Like I Should Have Had Better Timing With It, Though

Ryan Garcia didn't get the knockout finish he sought but took plenty from his comeback fight after more than 15 months away from the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Dude couldn't finish off Tagoe; what a shame...

Comment

Is he talking about his left hand the the third person?

Comment

Garcia has good power in both hands, he’s got reach and he’s as quick or quicker than anyone in the division.

He uses no jab, doesn’t move his feet, throws no feints or anything offspeed to set up opportunities. His defense isn’t good and is exasperated by the aforementioned fact that he isn’t moving.
        LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

Fast hands and social media, just the Broner but also has the same problem. He is so stiff, and can't bend at the knees and hips so he literally fights chin straight up, never goes 2nd level to get under shots.

Comment

Good to acknowledge the faults

Too much following around with no jab, NO jab - he walked around looking like Canelo (without the defense) and I think he might be better to have a bounce in his step like Oscar, or even a Nonito Donaire with how he glides around and gets off the famous left hook. Without the movement there is no element of surprise. On the one hand he does need to work on fighting mid-inside range which he got to do against Tagoe but it didn't look great. Looked like he still wanted to spring in even though he was already on top of Tagoe and he ended up smothering or overshooting the target, the timing definitely was off. Tagoe fought like a shrimp but Ryan was overshooting too much, the right hand was flying way over the top and not a straight shot; still needs to settle in

Not eveything can be highlight reel, walk off KO's- at this point a highlight for Ryan would be a couple of well placed 2-3 punch combinations. Nothing flashy, just basic stuff would be nice
            Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 04-24-2022, 02:55 PM.

Comment

I gave up looking for Ryan to box. He's not even trying. All he wants to do is land his bombs. Tagoe saw everything coming, no finesse, no art, no boxing.

Comment

Working...
              X