Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Tyson Fury Crushes Dillian Whyte With Big Uppercut in Sixth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Tyson Fury Crushes Dillian Whyte With Big Uppercut in Sixth

Fury, Whyte Fight Photos Gallery - Wembley Stadium, London - For the WBC heavyweight title, Tyson Fury (32-0-1, 23 KOs) blasted out Dillian Whyte (28-3, 19 KOs) in the sixth round with a huge uppercut. (photos by Mikey Williams and Queensberry)
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hell of a shot, hell of a finish, hell of a performance, a hell of a Boxer.

Comment

Big uppercut, and bigger push.

Whyte was finished anyway, but I still have to read someone who noticed that he was sent down with a push, and not because of the uppercut.

EDIT: I did finally find someone who told it as it is, in another thread. I thought I was alone... Still, nothing would have changed. Fury was perfect, and Whyte was mediocre as expected.
      Last edited by Tatabanya; 04-24-2022, 07:39 AM.

Comment

These photos are hilarious. Another UK overhyped glorified mismatch in the books. Heard the undercard was typical trash for a modern day PPV too.

For him to cry his way into a title shot is impressive even in this garbage watered down politics-first era of boxing.

Hopefully crybaby Whyte calls it a day. He was never world level and never will be.

Conditioning-trash
        Technique/skill-trash
        Intelligence-Trash

He's made some decent money though. Him and his husband...I mean brother ,should be able to retire comfortably.

Congrats old chap.
        Last edited by Nusky; 04-24-2022, 08:16 AM.

Comment

The sad thing regarding this fight is Whyte has been knocked out with the same punch in every fight, he is the one who needs to be retired. He has well and truly been exposed he is the Amir Khan of the Heavyweights. There are no safe opponents for him anymore,

Comment

Originally posted by Nusky View Post
            These photos are hilarious. Another UK overhyped glorified mismatch in the books. Heard the undercard was typical trash for a modern day PPV too.

For him to cry his way into a title shot is impressive even in this garbage watered down politics-first era of boxing.

Hopefully crybaby Whyte calls it a day. He was never world level and never will be.

Conditioning-trash
            Technique/skill-trash
            Intelligence-Trash

He's made some decent money though. Him and his husband...I mean brother ,should be able to retire comfortably.

Congrats old chap.
            The undercard warrants special mention as truly being the worst undercard I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch as part of a PPV. Atmosphere looked awful too.
            Sayithowitisuk Bob likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by nick_viking View Post

The undercard warrants special mention as truly being the worst undercard I’ve ever had the misfortune to watch as part of a PPV. Atmosphere looked awful too.
              Based on the bloated purse bid, They Had to mitigate the loss they would take on this s--tshow somehow.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
                Big uppercut, and bigger push.

Whyte was finished anyway, but I still have to read someone who noticed that he was sent down with a push, and not because of the uppercut.

EDIT: I did finally find someone who told it as it is, in another thread. I thought I was alone... Still, nothing would have changed. Fury was perfect, and Whyte was mediocre as expected.
                He was pushing him off because Whyte was falling into him. A lot of fighters land a big shot and then push the boxer back to create space. Whyte got clipped, his eyes closed and he was falling forward and Fury pushed him back. Look at how he was juts laying flat out for a few seconds. He was gone before he hit the floor. And even after beating the count he couldn't get his legs back.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                  The sad thing regarding this fight is Whyte has been knocked out with the same punch in every fight, he is the one who needs to be retired. He has well and truly been exposed he is the Amir Khan of the Heavyweights. There are no safe opponents for him anymore,
                  Yup.

Everyone will be looking to land uppercuts on him.

3 uppercut KOs + Rivas uppercut knockdown

rudy rudy likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post

He was pushing him off because Whyte was falling into him. A lot of fighters land a big shot and then push the boxer back to create space. Whyte got clipped, his eyes closed and he was falling forward and Fury pushed him back. Look at how he was juts laying flat out for a few seconds. He was gone before he hit the floor. And even after beating the count he couldn't get his legs back.
                    With all the due respect for your opinion, I disagree (except for the highlighted bit, that's true). Just watched it again in slow motion. Fury throws the uppercut, doesn't even hit Whyte's chin in full, he kind of rubs the cheek with the punch. Whyte is seen squeezing his eyes before the punch arrives; he was ready to take it. The interval between the uppercut and the push is extremely short, half a second or so. Whyte has his eyes still open after the punch and in no way I see him falling forward, if not to wrestle a little more with Fury. I don't think he would have fallen face first, had Fury backed up.

What I believe is: when he got pushed down, Whyte wrapped it all up in his mind, by now aware he could not win. He had no more willpower at that moment, and his physical energy was definitely dwindling. Yes, he stumbled when he got up, but I think it was the hard fall after the push that triggered everything.
                    Last edited by Tatabanya; 04-24-2022, 12:56 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X