Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Wants To Avoid Mistake "Klitschko and Jones Made" By Fighting For Too Long

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Wants To Avoid Mistake "Klitschko and Jones Made" By Fighting For Too Long

Not many people might believe him, but Tyson Fury continues to insist that he plans to retire after his fight with Dillian Whyte at Wembley. Fury has retired before and it seems odd to walk away when a fight for the undisputed world title against Oleksandr Usyk or Anthony Joshua could be next, but Fury says he has no interest in getting hold of the WBA, WBO and IBF belts that he held in his first reign as world champion.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I don't think Kiltschko fought on too long, his last fight was one of his best performances.

Even in a loss, he gained the admiration and respect of the boxing world. Getting up off the deck to then fight back and nearly take Joshua out 'And fighting until the end, until there was no more'.

For me, this is the greatest most romantic way a Champion can end their career.

I have stated this numerous times, that David Haye should of retired after Tony Bellew II. In that fight, he lost the boxing match.

But in some ways due to his courage while injured, he won the fight. All those people that mocked him after his Kiltschko lost, had to give the man credit for fighting on while injured.

Every single man, that has every had to fight for something 'That night understood that David Haye, after a certain point in that fight was not fighting to win' Haye was fighting to undo all the negative stereotypes that critics attempted to bestow on him after is Kiltschko loss.

Forget the hair do's, hats and fancy styles. David Haye putting all that aside, was a gladiator 'A monster Maverick'.

dannnnn dannnnn alexjust alexjust like this.

Comment

Fury's his own man, so maybe this is his last fight. But if he wins, I'd love to see him against Usyk and/ or Joshua.

Good points, would loved to have seen Roy Jones vs Mike Tyson, after Roy beat Ruiz. Sadly didn't happen.

The size points, not fully applicable with Holyfield, because he beat bigger men, and gave Lewis and Bowe helluva tough fights. The second Lewis fight, that was close.

A smaller great fighter can beat a bigger good or great fighter. Fury is a huge heavyweight, not the biggest puncher but uses his attributes well.

Enjoy the fight at Wembley.

Comment

If Fury and Usyk win their upcoming fights, they need to fight each other for undisputed. They're both a similar age too.
        Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

Fury always say he will retire before every fight. It's because he feels insecure. It takes the pressure off himself.

If he does retire he will let himself down. People will re-evaluate his legacy in maybe 10 years time and will say he beat a pre-retirement Wlad. Still a very good result - but then he ran from the rematch. He beat Wilder - but Wilder's best win was an old Ortiz - who is hardly world beating. Fury's fans won't like it but in 10 or 20 years time - he's hardly going to be ranked alongside Ali. He needs those big fights against AJ and Uysk to be a great. Wlad, Wilder and Chisora aren't enough

Comment

A.J is nearly the same age , Usyk is also in his 30”s and so is Whyte who is 34 Fury is selling wolf tickets if he us using age as an excuse here . He also took 3 years off from boxing . Klitschko was in his 40”s and would still be a threat to him but to compare himself is another absurd thing to do stating let the younger guys come in who does he think he’s fooling some guys are older then him Fury is 33 ?
            Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-23-2022, 09:17 AM.

Comment

If your lineal you have to keep going. Be greatful in your in a position to defend such a historically admired crown

Comment

I really believe fury wants to retire, with people seeing him as best of era. But I fear people won't view him as that àfter Josh ko s wilder in 3 rounds.
                So best the middleweight in usy k and body builder Josh then that's it. If you fight after those wins, taking on how joyce, flip and dubious people might see you as overstaying.
                Last edited by hugh grant; 04-23-2022, 09:38 AM.

Comment

How many times have we heard this “Retirement” talk from Fury now? I can recall at least 3 times and ya know what? He ain’t retired yet. He won’t retire either, he wants that Undisputed fight even tho he says he doesn’t. But I think he is secretly hoping for Joshua to win the rematch with Usyk, it’s Joshua he really wants. That fight would be the biggest British fight of all time for the Undisputed title. I don’t think he wants to be in an ugly fight with Usyk and possibly lose to a blown up Cruiserweight (or a middleweight as Fury calls him). Yeah, expect Fury to be around for a while after this fight.
                  Rec28 Rec28 likes this.

Comment

Way too much $ to be made. He will have at least one more fight

Comment

Working...
                    X