Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Three Years Prior, Nobody Cared About Fury's Fights, They Were Boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Whyte: Three Years Prior, Nobody Cared About Fury's Fights, They Were Boring

Dillian Whyte has no illusions about the task that is in front of him as he faces Tyson Fury for the WBC heavyweight title on Saturday night. But he believes he is up to it.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    MinuteMaid5 MinuteMaid5 likes this.

WAIT!!! How the FK did this become a PPV?????!!!! This is Fury vs an average contender who was knocked the FK flat out two fights ago!!
    BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      WAIT!!! How the FK did this become a PPV?????!!!! This is Fury vs an average contender who was knocked the FK flat out two fights ago!!
      ———
      Try telling that to the Whyte fans praying for a miracle.
      In all fairness though, it’s the home return of Fury against a formidable albeit twice defeated opponent.
      The 94,000 tickets snapped in three days seem to justify a PPV buy.

Comment

True. ppv in britland for this card is huge. Crappy undercard and ppv for u s. Fans.
        BodyBagz BodyBagz likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
          ———
          Try telling that to the Whyte fans praying for a miracle.
          In all fairness though, it’s the home return of Fury against a formidable albeit twice defeated opponent.
          The 94,000 tickets snapped in three days seem to justify a PPV buy.
          Thats proof that casuals don't know sht about boxing and have money to blow. No way in hell is this fight worthy of PPV. It is not a superfight by any stretch. Leonard vs Hearns, De La Hoya vs Trinidad, Spence vs Crawford is what deserves PPV status, not this sht tomorrow.
          Last edited by richardt; 04-22-2022, 11:19 PM.
          Oregonian Oregonian likes this.

Comment

This claim by Dillian Whyte is debatable, Tyson's most meaningful fights usually include a knockdown or end in controversy ; I guess there is some entertainment in the comedic aspects of Tyson's fraudulent career. I guess that is part of the reason that I'm watching tomorrow's parody of HW boxing.

Comment

Thats proof that casuals don't know sht about boxing and have money to blow. No way in hell is this fight worthy of PPV. It is not a superfight by any stretch. Leonard vs Hearns, De La Hoya vs Trinidad, Spence vs Crawford is what deserves PPV status, not this sht tomorrow.
              Can’t really call out this PPV compared to the raft of frankly awful American ones tbh

Comment

Originally posted by jackkeane6 View Post

Can’t really call out this PPV compared to the raft of frankly awful American ones tbh
                ****, we’ve had our share of horrific PPV headliners in the UK, especially in recent years. But yeah, Fury-Whyte ain’t one of them.

Comment

Yo, on the one hand, there’s no way this fight happens without it being a PPV.

On the other, I’m not about to start running covering fire for boxing’s middlemen. If it was up to me, the boxers would get paid for their actual risk, and other associated figures, such as promoters (who aren’t risking death), would get little to keep fights accessible to fans.

I don’t know what it’s costing you over there, but I know American ppv prices in particular aren’t nice. I balk at £20-25 over here.
                  BLASTER1 BLASTER1 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by P to the J View Post

****, we’ve had our share of horrific PPV headliners in the UK, especially in recent years. But yeah, Fury-Whyte ain’t one of them.
                    Agreed mate. Fury and Whyte are both established PPV uk fighters. It’s not like they’re charging us £70
                    P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X