Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Katie Taylor Continues Tough Grind For Amanda Serrano Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Katie Taylor Continues Tough Grind For Amanda Serrano Clash

Katie Taylor Training Photos Gallery - Katie Taylor and Amanda Serrano are set to make history in an epic battle for Taylor's undisputed Lightweight title at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, April 30 live on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Supporting the Connecticut based fighter.
    Last edited by runtdawg; 04-22-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Grayson Allen looks like she's ready to go

Comment

Katie Taylor is a tough fighter, with some decent boxing skill's, but she gets hit entirely to much in her boxing matches.
        That said I've seen her lose twice to the same fighter Delphine Persoon, although Persoon didn't get the decision.
        Amanda Serrano is the creme of the crop, the best female boxer, with the most championships, in the most division's in the history of the sport.
        She's also an exemplary role model, carrying herself with the dignity of a true champion, for all others to follow in her foot steps.
        Amanda will out box, and out punch Katie Taylor leaving her a bruised, and bloodied ex-champion on the night of April 30, 2022.
        I do believe that the fight will be an exciting dust up for as long as it last, the longer it does go the worse of a beating Katie will be enduring.

Comment

Originally posted by Boricua181 View Post
          Katie Taylor is a tough fighter, with some decent boxing skill's, but she gets hit entirely to much in her boxing matches.
          That said I've seen her lose twice to the same fighter Delphine Persoon, although Persoon didn't get the decision.
          Amanda Serrano is the creme of the crop, the best female boxer, with the most championships, in the most division's in the history of the sport.
          She's also an exemplary role model, carrying herself with the dignity of a true champion, for all others to follow in her foot steps.
          Amanda will out box, and out punch Katie Taylor leaving her a bruised, and bloodied ex-champion on the night of April 30, 2022.
          I do believe that the fight will be an exciting dust up for as long as it last, the longer it does go the worse of a beating Katie will be enduring.

I agree that Taylor gets beat here, but IMO, she won that 2nd persoon fight clearly, and I’m absolutely adamant that she at least edged the first. What galls me most is the amount of credit given to boxers who miss.

Persoon came forward but missed most of her shots first fight. But because Taylor was on the back foot, didn’t look as ultra comfortable as in her other fights, and came away from a handful of rounds with messy hair, she apparently got a beat down.

Having said this, I gotta appreciate the challenger’s effort and display. She’s only a part-time boxer. Taylor has a marketing machine behind her.

Comment

Katie is looking good, but recent performances have showed signs of decline. Her resume is nonetheless far superior to that of Serrano, and I pick Taylor to win on points.
            Smash Smash WamBamSam23 WamBamSam23 like this.

Comment

Taylor's combo has been very sloppy as of late, she has looked a bit haggard like Vlad before the Fury fight. Amanda is a good boxer but has spent time jumping around grabbing belts from ladies like Heather Hardy vs. trying to unify with the top girls in the division. People need to note that. When Katie starts to get real sloppy, can Amanda straight punches get through those combos with authority? If Amanda had fought the best girls division jumping, I'd go 80/20 on her in the fight. I have it 50/50. If it is close, the machine once again will give the decision to Taylor.

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha_Stroud View Post
                Katie is looking good, but recent performances have showed signs of decline. Her resume is nonetheless far superior to that of Serrano, and I pick Taylor to win on points.
                Yo, that’s the point that most are missing; resume strength.

Tbh, I’m ashamed to say I don’t recognise most names in women’s boxing, and imagine few male fans here do, apart from the truly hardcore boxing nuts.

That lack of knowledge, though it’s improving, probably means predictions are off as it means comparing resume is tougher. Obviously, once they’re in the ring, they can flip the script on all of this anyway…

Comment

Amanda is not on Katie’s level, no female is currently. This will be a wide ud or a late corner stoppage, hopefully Amanda’s corner doesnt let her get seriously hurt.

Comment

I hate to favor either fighter--both are determined and deserve the win. It will probably be brutal but if Katie fights like Sugar Ray Leonard against Hagler--she could win. But if Amanda catches Katie with a left uppercut or right hook--it might be over. Great fight coming up!

Comment

Working...
                    X