Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stanionis On Butaev Win: Surprised It Was Split Decision; I Thought I Won Nine Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stanionis On Butaev Win: Surprised It Was Split Decision; I Thought I Won Nine Rounds

Eimantas Stanionis figured it would be a mere formality to announce his name in victory after outworking Radzhab Butaev over twelve grueling rounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    DFM DFM siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Had Butaev boxed more intelligently instead of acting like a bully throughout, the outcome might have been different.

Comment

Butaev got out hustled and the punches that landed on him were clear and clean. He did win a few rounds and hung in tough but no way he should had one the fight on a judge's card. It was not even a close fight, entertaining but a clear fight to score.

Comment

Good fight that I wasn't scoring but no way did Butaev win. Clear win for Stanionis and I hope the best for both

Comment

I agree with you Stanionis! Thought you won 8-9 rounds as well. The two judges were right on point while the third was watching a completely different fight unfortunately.
          DFM DFM likes this.

Comment

I just love Stanionis' fighting style. He along with Vergil Ortiz, Jaron 'Boots' Ennis are a breath of fresh air in this new breed of welterweight contenders.

Comment

Stainonis style reminds me of Miguel Cotto. Don’t think he has quite the power but definitely enjoy watching him fight. Butaev on the other hand is a dirty fighter the only way I’d care to see him fight again is getting KOd.

Comment

Seen a lot of Stanionis fights working his way up from Undercards, fight on FS1 then fighting on FOX and now a Legit Contender so I'm happy for him. Look forward to seeing more of him it is so many big fights for him.

His Jab might already be one of the best in boxing, amazing Jab vs Butaev who had no answer for it

Comment

Working...
                X