Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Explains Why Artur Beterbiev is Not Barred From Defending Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBC Prez Explains Why Artur Beterbiev is Not Barred From Defending Belt

World Boxing Council (WBC) President Mauricio Sulaiman recently discussed why his organization is not barring their light heavyweight world champion, Artur Beterbiev, from moving forward with a planned summer unification with WBO champion Joe Smith at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Beterbiev also holds the IBF's world title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

The whole thing is asinine in the first place. Political xenophobia.
    dougingb dougingb AmpMcv AmpMcv like this.

Comment

Seriously? Why are people so weak-minded? Oh, wait . . . I forgot.

It's beyond conscionable how these guys try to get everyone's panties twisted in a wad. How about this is all NATO's fault and we should keep our noses out of it? Please tell me wtf a boxer of Russian decsent, who lives in frickin' Canadia, is going to do to stop this grave injustice that we're seeing on our 50 inch flat screens. Enlighten me.

Comment

Good, as it should be. No reason to bar the Russian athletes from making their living. **** NATO and all the angry sjw’s.

Comment

Considering he has Canadian citizenship, I'd imagine they would have some legal trouble barring him anyway.

I'm not sure what barring athletes actually achieves.

Comment

Let the guy fight, like Bivol.

They didn't bomb any place. Yes, it's a sensitive issue, but I think it's ridiculous to ban a sports individual, as Wimbledon have done, because their country leader did and is doing whatever he's doing.

These men and women don't support war and civilians killed, at least most of them don't. What about other areas where there are atrocities, Syria, Afghanistan, Middle East, and what bad things America has done too, have their athletes been banned? Nope.

While I understand perhaps why sports teams have been banned or suspended, but yeah, doesn't make sense that you ban some tennis player or boxer.

Comment

He’s just a fat hypocrite. He shouldn’t have said anything in the first place but he did and took a specific stance……then once he realized how much his pockets would be impacted with Bivol and Beterbiev landing significant fights, he back tracked and made excuses. Similar to his flip flopping over the franchise title.
              garfios garfios likes this.

Comment

I can save you the trouble of reading the article and sum it up for you. Why, he's not barred? $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Okay, bye now.

Comment

Heard it’s all the Canelo nuthuggers who are opposed to King Artur fighting

They demanding that the sanctioning bodies let him get a little older

Or at least until Canelo see’s a diminishing power

Comment

WNC is Mexican based organization; Mexico hasn't even sanctioned Russia so what is the point t of barring Russian fighters? Fighters who have no control of the foreign policy of their country

Comment

Working...
                    X