Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Estrada-Franco: Golden Boy Wins Purse Bid For Title Fight, Eyed For June Or July

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Estrada-Franco: Golden Boy Wins Purse Bid For Title Fight, Eyed For June Or July

Juan Francisco Estrada and Joshua Franco now have an official promoter for their ordered fight. Boxingscene.com has learned that Golden Boy Promotions obtained the promotional rights to the Estrada-Franco WBA junior bantamweight title consolidation clash. Golden Boy submitted $120,000 as the lone bidder during the purse bid hearing held Tuesday via Zoom conference call, meeting the minimum standards for their bid to be honored.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lol what the hell

Comment

I don't think this fight is happening. Matchroom didn't bid and Golden Boy won by submitting the minimum? Something weird going on there.

Comment

Estrada might be giving up this belt, weird his own promoter Zanifer didn't bid and Matchroom co-promoted him for a while not sure if he is done working with Estrada but somebody on Estrada's behalf should of bid to drive up the price at least. Now he'd have to defend the title for just 90K when he was looking to make much more in a 3rd fight with Chocalitito. Franco will make more then the bid amount because his own promoter won the rights and has contracts with Franco to pay him more but Golden Boy is only obligated to pay Estrada 90K. Unless Estrada is giving up the belt he has to fight Franco and for that amount.

Comment

Estrada will vacate and Choko (wba #1) will become Franco's mando.
          Hearn thinks Choko has more chances of beating Franco than Estrada, which is true.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            I don't think this fight is happening. Matchroom didn't bid and Golden Boy won by submitting the minimum? Something weird going on there.
            Definitely.

I think Estrada vacates rather than fight for $90k at this point in his career.

Comment

Working...
            X