Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: I Felt Ugas Breaking Down; I Thought Ref Was Gonna Stop It A Lot Earlier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: I Felt Ugas Breaking Down; I Thought Ref Was Gonna Stop It A Lot Earlier

ARLINGTON, Texas - A taxing sixth round late Saturday night inspired Errol Spence Jr. to unload his expansive offensive arsenal on Yordenis Ugas during the seventh round of their welterweight title unification fight at AT&T Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Ugas was hanging too tough for the ref to call it earlier, Errol mugged him in an alley.

Comment

Make the Spence-Crawford fight soon--stop FKING around! August or September?

Comment

This was an impressive win by Spence,But most of us already knew the outcome of this one before it started. I do think having a nutritionist helped Spence a lot.Keeping his weight in check between fights is going to make him even more relentless in the ring. I actually think that could make the difference in the Crawford fight as well. Let's hope these two back up their talk and get it on in the ring.

One thing I'd like to point out. Look up the purses for this fight. 1.5mil to Spence,1 mil to Ugas with a 50/50 ppv split. That's why Crawford re signed with Top Rank. It wasn't to avoid the PBC train,it was because his guarantees were a lot higher than any of those fighters. With Spence having three belts,he should command a slightly higher purse than Crawford.
        Lets say 6 mil. to Spence,5 to Crawford,with a 50/50 ppv split. Both should easily clear 10-15mil,which will be by far the highest purse either has made or can make.

Comment

I'm just wondering would Ugas corner have stopped it? I understand letting your fighter go out on his shield but Ugas needed saved from himself that eye looked horrible and obviously affected his performance

Comment

Why is spence breaking faces? But I'm sure if it's a face didn't break he'd have done better so performance a bit misleading

Comment

Spence you know, I felt I was breaking him down you know, I felt you know the ref is gonna stop it you know, you know , you know. Spence can't make a complete statement without you know
              El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Many felt spence was breaking down when he was doing that funky chicken dance
                El_Mero El_Mero likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gunitsmith View Post
                  This was an impressive win by Spence,But most of us already knew the outcome of this one before it started. I do think having a nutritionist helped Spence a lot.Keeping his weight in check between fights is going to make him even more relentless in the ring. I actually think that could make the difference in the Crawford fight as well. Let's hope these two back up their talk and get it on in the ring.

One thing I'd like to point out. Look up the purses for this fight. 1.5mil to Spence,1 mil to Ugas with a 50/50 ppv split. That's why Crawford re signed with Top Rank. It wasn't to avoid the PBC train,it was because his guarantees were a lot higher than any of those fighters. With Spence having three belts,he should command a slightly higher purse than Crawford.
                  Lets say 6 mil. to Spence,5 to Crawford,with a 50/50 ppv split. Both should easily clear 10-15mil,which will be by far the highest purse either has made or can make.

so many promotions have over paid fighters in the last 10 years.

DAZN had to be losing money and now their prices shot way up. They were willing to lose money to get GGG and canelo to sign, they hope subscribers wont cancel like I did after they jack up the prices and now charge full PPV prices.

So fighters out there have an inflated sense of worth.

Crawford better step up and make the damn fight and yes he def doesnt have anymore fans than spence does and he has less belts so he for certain doesnt deserve more than 50% and objectively deserves less. If he demands anything over 50% its a duck straight up.
                  icee icee likes this.

Comment

Spence started to really turn it up in the 8th round and I thought he could have ended it in that round but Ugas stood in there tough and I think Spence kind of took the 9th off to get his breather. Granted, he still threw far more than Ugas, but he needed that little break before turning it up again in the 10th round.

Those body shots started to freeze Ugas and he stopped throwing those sharp counters that he was launching in the first three rounds.

Good stuff.

Comment

Working...
                    X