Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury Risking WBC Strap, All-Time Big Man Title Against Whyte

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fury Risking WBC Strap, All-Time Big Man Title Against Whyte

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - There are big fighters. And there are talented fighters. A lot of guys have one quality but not the other. In fact, only a very precious few possess both on an elite level. Tyson Fury is one of those guys. And when it comes to all-time heavyweight fighters, none have blended them better. Just look at the numbers. He's 6-foot-9. He's got an 81-inch reach. And he weighs around 270 pounds.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fury a Heavyweight Cheat Code like Crawford would say.

And I-m taking Fury by TKO late also.

Comment

I thought the 6-foot-9 claim was debunked a long time ago...

Comment

Fury has an 85 inch reach .

Fury hasn’t exactly fought the diversity of top opponents needed to achieve a great status ,should he defeat Whyte he will show he can beat the best body puncher and left hooker in the division with a great jab . Wilder had none of these to trouble Fury who is Furys second best win behind a nonchalant Klitschko . So a win Saturday definitely helps his cause .

Modern fighters do get a bad rap but that’s always the norm in every era just about . I’d say Whyte is an all around solid fighter who is a 240/250 pound boxer puncher ,it will be the first time Fury is fighting a rough tough customer who likes making fights street fights if he has to . If I had to pick a guy to defeat Fury ,Whyte comes in at number 2 behind A.J at this point . I think fans writing Whyte off will change their minds after this one either by out right knocking Fury out or giving him hell in a loss ?

I have Whyte ranked about number 4 in a head to head but he matches well here and just might be that guy to give Fury his first loss it’s definitely no shocker to those who have seen this game before time after time where the guy that can’t win by the media does in fact win .
        Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-19-2022, 01:25 AM.
        Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Fury is nowhere near being the GOAT heavyweight and never will be. Dude wouldn't even be champion in the 90's. Prime Lennox folds him. Prime mike finishes him within 4. White people always gotta exaggerate every time they get something good. Fury is the greatest heavyweight. Eminem is the greatest rapper. Larry bird is the greatest ball player. Fury got all this hype by beating an over the hill Klitschko and a one dimensional deontary wilder ......fury is the best heavyweight in a very overrated era. Nothing more nothing less.
          Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Tyson, you should come-out to the Smiths classic song 'I Know Its Over', not because you are getting sparked, but because the song is about someone who has never been loved. As you put it, the British have never shown you any support ( who can blame them ) ; this massive crowd are only showing-up to watch Dillian mash your head in and unmercifully bludgeon you into unconsciousness.

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head...

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Tyson, you should come-out to the Smiths classic song 'I Know Its Over', not because you are getting sparked, but because the song is about someone who has never been loved. As you put it, the British have never shown you any support ( who can blame them ) ; this massive crowd are only showing-up to watch Dillian mash your head in and unmercifully bludgeon you into unconsciousness.

Oh Mother, I can feel the soil falling over my head...
              This is definitely the way to beat Fury constant pressure and high volume punching . Fury does not like a pace he doesn’t dictate and that opens severe holes in his defense ,this why I’m very hesitant to pick an official winner until weigh in . I’d take Fury but this is a fight he wouldn’t have taken unless he was being forced so theres the type of fight he would have rather swerved .
              Last edited by REDEEMER; 04-19-2022, 02:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PolitikDitto View Post
                Fury is nowhere near being the GOAT heavyweight and never will be. Dude wouldn't even be champion in the 90's. Prime Lennox folds him. Prime mike finishes him within 4. White people always gotta exaggerate every time they get something good. Fury is the greatest heavyweight. Eminem is the greatest rapper. Larry bird is the greatest ball player. Fury got all this hype by beating an over the hill Klitschko and a one dimensional deontary wilder ......fury is the best heavyweight in a very overrated era. Nothing more nothing less.
                You must be young and have adopted a thought that amounts to a cliche. Mike D and the Beastie boys are actually the best rappers and Pistol Pete is the best baller. But you are right about Lennox and Mike. Deontays one dimension is F'ng Awesome tho.
                Last edited by Wacked_Out; 04-19-2022, 02:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by REDEEMER View Post

This is definitely the way to beat Fury constant pressure and high volume punching . Fury does not like a pace he doesn’t dictate and that opens severe holes in his defense ,this why I’m very hesitant to pick an official winner until weigh in . I’d take Fury but this is a fight he wouldn’t have taken unless he was being forced so theirs the type of fight he would have rather swerved. .

I agree on all points. This is me counting down the days before Tyson receives his routine thrashing. Just imagine Tyson splattered in the middle of the ring, in front of tens of thousands in attendance at Wembley.

Comment

All things equal, does that mean Fury beats a similarly sized version of every past champion?
                    There is no way to prove such a statement. E.g. 60s Ali would not have his famed speed and agility if he was Fury-sized.

People who try to make "P4P" arguments based on such impossible hypotheticals are low IQ. The fact of the matter is that Fury wallops any of those small, crude ass HWs from the past.
                    denium denium likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X