Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stanionis On Potentially Stepping Aside For Spence-Crawford: Up To My Team, I Will Be Ready For Anything

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Stanionis On Potentially Stepping Aside For Spence-Crawford: Up To My Team, I Will Be Ready For Anything

The decision made by Eimantas Stanionis to step aside from an owed title shot allowed a three-belt unification fight to take place this weekend. A similar decision will allow for a fight that would crown the first-ever undisputed male welterweight champion in the four-belt era.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

I always thought that unification and undisputed took precedence over mandatory challenges.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Let’s get Stanionis vs Boots, V Ortiz, D Garcia, Thurman or Mean Machine,,,, he’ll destroy all these names..

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
        Let’s get Stanionis vs Boots, V Ortiz, D Garcia, Thurman or Mean Machine,,,, he’ll destroy all these names..
        Haha yeah lets see him "destroy" Boots lol

Comment

Exactly! We're already at mandos...
          Was actually expecting WBA to order Spence v Stan inside 24h after the fight. What are they waiting for?

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
            I always thought that unification and undisputed took precedence over mandatory challenges.
            Common misconception. Unification/undisputed bouts are commonly the most accepted exception, but they don't automatically trump mandatories. Similarly, Stanionis has already stepped aside once for such a fight. Neither he nor WBA under any obligation to make him do so again, although very possible that we get full cooperation.
            BlakBread904 BlakBread904 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis2 View Post
              the fights Stan will face next is
              Michael mckinson
              D.garcia
              thurman
              V.ortiz
              Crowley
              k.brook
              and maybe josh Taylor might move up so that would be great match up
              Last edited by maespinoza1990; 04-18-2022, 06:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing lives View Post

Haha yeah lets see him "destroy" Boots lol
                He’d destroy boots fist with his face.
                mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Accept the step aside which should be a decent check, but also must get the co-main slot in the Spence-Crawford fight to get the exposure and increase popularity

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                    Accept the step aside which should be a decent check, but also must get the co-main slot in the Spence-Crawford fight to get the exposure and increase popularity
                    Excellent idea, and I know the perfect opponent...Keith Thurman!

Comment

Working...
                    X