Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: After Viral Confrontation In 2018, It's Finally Time For Spence and Crawford To Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: After Viral Confrontation In 2018, It's Finally Time For Spence and Crawford To Fight

By Corey Erdman - In 2018, Errol Spence Jr. and Terence Crawford had a now infamous interaction in the hallways of the Chesapeake Energy Arena in Oklahoma City following the Maurice Hooker-Alex Saucedo bout. The genesis of the meeting varies depending on the narrator. In a practical sense, both had been friends with and training partners
    [Click Here To Read More]

Was the confrontation really viral? Lol I don't remember that. I remember them meeting backstage don't know for what fight but they talked pretty chill.

Comment

Errol Spence jr, you disguised your duck by pretending to be doing boxing a service collecting titles, and your sucker-ass fans bought it. In reality, beating the #1. P4P in the sport years ago would of been greater than beating paper-champs Shawn Porter and Yordenis Ugas -- I'm not impressed.

You can try to manufacture greatness all you want but sooner or later you have to face the 'Truth'.
      Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

Yeah that’s what I remember too, talking and smiling like they were friends

Comment

Originally posted by icee View Post
          Not really they were being civil but wasn't exactly best buddies Errol even told one of Crawfords homies to shut up if it's the same clip i'm thinking of. It was kind of friendly but you can see they were sizing each other up big time.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Errol Spence jr, you disguised your duck by pretending to be doing boxing a service collecting titles, and your sucker-ass fans bought it. In reality, beating the #1. P4P in the sport years ago would of been greater than beating paper-champs Shawn Porter and Yordenis Ugas -- I'm not impressed.

You can try to manufacture greatness all you want but sooner or later you have to face the 'Truth'.
            Stfu lmao. How were Ugas and porter paper champs? Porter didn’t win a vacant belt. Ugas was also the wba champion by beating pacquaio who won the title off thurman. Neither fit the definition of paper champ.

spence has beat :Brook, porter,DSG mikey garcia (when he was undefeated), Ugas

crawford beat: horn , benevidez, mean machine,khan, Brook (4 years after spence) and porter( years after spence and his final fight he retired in the ring after).

spences resume is much more accomplished and fought fresher fighters. He gonna blow TC out of the water

Comment

Originally posted by icee View Post
              My rap career ain’t working.

nice post

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

Bro I’m a Spence fanatic.

respect !!!

Comment

Originally posted by LAchargers373 View Post

Stfu lmao. How were Ugas and porter paper champs? Porter didn’t win a vacant belt. Ugas was also the wba champion by beating pacquaio who won the title off thurman. Neither fit the definition of paper champ.

spence has beat :Brook, porter,DSG mikey garcia (when he was undefeated), Ugas

crawford beat: horn , benevidez, mean machine,khan, Brook (4 years after spence) and porter( years after spence and his final fight he retired in the ring after).

spences resume is much more accomplished and fought fresher fighters. He gonna blow TC out of the water
                  Your reply is cringe, you have abolished Terence Crawford's career. Did you know that 'Bud' was a 135 and 140 pound lineal champion, years before Errol Spence jr. was a champion? How embarrassing.

Yordenis Ugas beat a 42 year-old Manny Pacquiao coming off nearly two years of inactivity! You got that bum Shawn Porter, his best win is what Adrien Broner? Andre Berto, Paulie Malignagi, Devon Alexander? I dont even know! I had DSG beating Shawn Porter, but Errol Spence jr. had to illegally drop him in the 11th to get a SD? But Terence Crawford schooled Shawn Porter.

Terence 'Bud' Crawford is going to toy with Errol Spence jr. anyone that knows boxing see it a mile away.
                  Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

This is a very intriguing fight coming up. I wish it had happened 2-3 years ago because I know that at 34 years old this is not the best version of Crawford - but even so he might still be good enough to beat Spence. Spence is so difficult to back up - because of his fundamentals and his engine - the two who have given him his best fight are Kell Brook who I think was winning after the first 6 rounds but then he couldn't take the incoming from Spence, he got wore down - could the same thing happen to Bud? How will Bud avoid taking the damage ? We know he is hitable.
                    When we have seen people put hands on Spence it hasn't deterred him at all - and I think that is what needs to happen. So the quaestion becomes can Bud do enough damage to Spence to actually close down some of his output? I think he'll have to start a lot faster and really let those combos flow and then get out - and do that repeatedly - not sure he can do that. An alternative would be just to be spiteful and look to target an eye to close it and diminish Spence that way - that is probably the easier path to a victory.

Comment

Working...
                    X