No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Yordenis Ugas -CompuBox Punch Stats

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Yordenis Ugas -CompuBox Punch Stats

Yordenis Ugas threw 54 punches per round, almost matching the welterweight average of 56. Errol Spence averaged 78 punches thrown per round. Spence threw 48 power punches per round (the welterweight average is 32.6.) and landed an average of 19 per round (the welterweight average is 12).
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think a fight between Spence and Bud is as close to a 50/50 as there ever could be.

What could hurt Bud in a fight with Spence is that he normally starts slow the first few rounds. another is Spence’s output. He throws a lot, whereas Bud is more conservative/selective but also more accurate.

One things for sure, Bud isn’t gonna do what Ugas did & just stand right in front of Spence all night. Spence was getting all the leverage in the world & sitting down on almost everything he threw at Ugas. Ugas was just standing there with the high guard, squaring up and leaning forward. He’s never really been much of a mover but anyone that just sits there and covers up while Spence tees off, is getting stopped sooner or later.

I see bud using the ring, pull countering & catching Spence in between shots. I think both guys are capable of clipping each other. And after tonight I’ve seen both guys buzzed. Only difference is Bud was buzzed by a harder puncher.

either way it goes I just hope this fight happens. It’s a fight that’s so good I don’t even feel the need to pick sides
    7not8 7not8 likes this.

Comment

Some idiot made a thread stating that Spence was fatigued. That man threw over 700 punches in 10 rounds. If that's fatigued, then what does an in-shape fighter look like?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        I think a fight between Spence and Bud is as close to a 50/50 as there ever could be.

What could hurt Bud in a fight with Spence is that he normally starts slow the first few rounds. another is Spence’s output. He throws a lot, whereas Bud is more conservative/selective but also more accurate.

One things for sure, Bud isn’t gonna do what Ugas did & just stand right in front of Spence all night. Spence was getting all the leverage in the world & sitting down on almost everything he threw at Ugas. Ugas was just standing there with the high guard, squaring up and leaning forward. He’s never really been much of a mover but anyone that just sits there and covers up while Spence tees off, is getting stopped sooner or later.

I see bud using the ring, pull countering & catching Spence in between shots. I think both guys are capable of clipping each other. And after tonight I’ve seen both guys buzzed. Only difference is Bud was buzzed by a harder puncher.

either way it goes I just hope this fight happens. It’s a fight that’s so good I don’t even feel the need to pick sides
        Yeah its real interesting now, I saw a fire in Spence tonight that wasn't there before, he will grow in leaps and bounds of that fight its a perfect primer for going into Bud, can see with Buds accuracy him catching and hurting Errol and can see TC not liking the physicality of Errol or his body punching.

Comment

Bud vs Spence will be a cracker.

Comment

Working...
          X