Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis Decisions Radzhab Butaev in Tough, Physical Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Eimantas Stanionis Decisions Radzhab Butaev in Tough, Physical Fight

ARLINGTON, Texas - Eimantas Stanionis got his revenge against Radzhab Butaev on a much bigger stage Saturday night. The unbeaten Lithuanian became his country's first recognized boxing champion when he beat Butaev by split decision in their 12-round, 147-pound championship match on the Errol Spence Jr.-Yordenis Ugas undercard at AT&T Stadium. Judges Robert Hoyle (117-110) and Jose Roberto Torres (116-111) scored Stanionis the winner over Butaev, who won 114-113 on the scorecard of judge Javier Alvarez.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-16-2022, 08:06 PM.
    DFM DFM likes this.

Great fight. For those missed it, definitely worth a watch
    w1cked w1cked siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

Hell of a fight! It should've been on PPV card. Congratulations to Stanionis. I had it him winning pretty wide. I don't know how can anyone score it for Butaev. I'm glad Stanionis isn't robbed.
      siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

For all the garbage PBC put on their undercards they decide to leave off two Top 10 undefeated welterweights?

That makes sense

Comment

Said this when they released the undercard, this should’ve been the co main, or very least in the ppv portion. Non stop high level boxing. Even tho he lost, Butaev will be champ eventually. They’re both special talents

Comment

Wow. Tough fight for anyone. 147 is way too competitive now.
            Castilo Castilo siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

Dang it I just missed this one. Gonna have to catch it later

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                For all the garbage PBC put on their undercards they decide to leave off two Top 10 undefeated welterweights?

That makes sense
                The fight was on regular Showtime so those who could not afford the PPV, they could see the fight since it was on round 5pm PST on the standard cable channel.

Comment

Butaev is a dirty fighter he should’ve just been DQd what a POS

Comment

Helluva fight. I was tempted to get the PPV primarily because of this fight. When. showtime decided to air it, I opted to forgo the PPV.

I rated Butaev high and figured he was too skilled for Stanionis. Thought his artful physicality and body work would be the difference. Instead, Stanionis' jab was the key. It was shotgun powerful and landed at will.

Both guys are skilled operators and have a helluva future.
                    Southpawology Southpawology likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X