Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fundora, Canelo-Golovkin, Spence-Ugas, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Fundora, Canelo-Golovkin, Spence-Ugas, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Sebastian Fundora's win over Erikson Lubin, the career of Roy Jones, Canelo's trilogy with Golovkin, Errol Spence vs. Yordenis Ugas, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Meh. No mention of Butaev-Stanionis.

Comment

Was Daniel kinahan story too late in the week to address? Also Steve Collins not English. Good work all the same.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Meh. No mention of Butaev-Stanionis.
        That's because of crap like this!

Screenshot_20220416-125518_Firefox.jpg

Comment

Ain't no WAY they should be ranked higher than Boots and Ortiz fighting for a fake belt.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
            Ain't no WAY they should be ranked higher than Boots and Ortiz fighting for a fake belt.
            They'll face each other soon enough.

Comment

Wow, bet Steve Collins will be chuffed at being called an 'English' fighter! Realistically, I think Collins was the one RJJ could/should've fought. I don't think anyone in the states was that interested in Benn before the McClelland fight. That fight was so brutal I think it took something out of Benn. Post-McClelland, I don't think he could've been too competitive. My recollection is Eubank milked the WBO title for what is was worth, fighting very frequently against undemanding opposition, rather like Calzaghe. Apart from Benn he never had a signature win that would've justified his fighting RJJ. The win v Rocchigiani was respectable but it came down more to his taking on a very hostile home crowd rather than defeating anything exceptional.

Comment

Roy's underrated because he had a bunch of bad losses seemingly back to back to back.

Tyson had an embarrassing loss to Douglass, but then went on the beat up Razor Rudduck Twice & was wrecking shop until Holyfield got him in '96

Ali obviously went on to great success after the "Fight of the Century"

Leonard immediately got revenge on Duran and went on to his greatest success AFTER losing.

Roy however, lost and just kept losing virtually every meaningful fight he had after that fight against Tarver.

Then, he just wouldn't retire, even after it was apparent that he was done.

Comment

The UK is made up of 4 different countries. They all have very strict iden******. Steve Collins is a Catholic Irishman.

To call him English or British is an insult. They are not the same people, FAR from it.

Joe Calzaghe was Welsh. Don't call him English.
                  Carl Frampton/Barry McGuigan are NORTHERN Irish.
                  Josh Taylor is SCOTTISH. Don't call him English.

Do a bit of research bro.

Comment

Working...
                  X