Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Campbell Hatton: It Won't Be Quick, But I Think I Can Get To The Same Levels as My Dad

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Campbell Hatton: It Won't Be Quick, But I Think I Can Get To The Same Levels as My Dad

Campbell Hatton says stepping out of the spotlight and working hard in the gym over the past six months have helped him improve and develop his own style.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He would need to show the biggest improvement I’ve ever seen. He looks to have barely any talent at all.

His old man won several national titles as a teenager and boxed at the youth world championships, losing in the semi final to corrupt judges that got caught taking bribes. So he was always a talent

People said similar about Conor Benn but at least you could see he was an athlete with some raw attributes you could work with, but young Hatton doesn’t seem to really have much. Well hope he proves me wrong, seems a good guy.

Comment

So you want to be a superstar, And live large
      A big house. Five cars, You're in charge?

Campbell Hatton is currently ranked the 414 lightweight in the world, I went over to boxrec and decided to match Campbell with some of the contenders around the top 100 and found it hard to find a opponent that Hatton beats soundly : Jayson Velez, Miguel Vazquez, Hector Tanajara, Emmanuel Tagoe, Romero Duno, Genesis Servania would be favored to win.

I am aware that Hatton jr. has six professional bouts and three armature fights, but who told him he was ready for the pros?

Even a shot Jorge Linares or a Ricky Burns would school Campbell. Ricky's son, probably could not beat Katie Taylor at 135.

Comment

I know hes young but by 21 you should be showing some potential already. Hes looked ****ing terrible so far.

Comment

Poor boy..his dad was such a talent..poor Campbell seems to have no talent..he's just a training product, that's all

Comment

The problem for campbell is he fights like an absoloute pound shop version of his dad.

No head movement, lacks pose, lacks speed, lacks ferocity.

He's a disaster waiting to happen

Comment

If people are struggling after half a dozen driving lessons, do they decide I'm **** so I'll just not learn to drive? No they continue to learn and improve and hopefully it pays off. Why are people giving this kid a hard time, when he's just trying to learn, improve and make his way? Let the boy breathe ffs.

Comment

Originally posted by Rodtang View Post
                If people are struggling after half a dozen driving lessons, do they decide I'm **** so I'll just not learn to drive? No they continue to learn and improve and hopefully it pays off. Why are people giving this kid a hard time, when he's just trying to learn, improve and make his way? Let the boy breathe ffs.
                I completely agree with what you’re saying man, people just project their insecurities and negativity On to forums like these to make themselves feel better. It’s a free hit without any comeback, very sad!!!

I can see no problem why he can’t succeed, he has the best resources, advice, decent promoter etc around him, providing he has the right attitude, drive and boxing IQ he should be do well. As he’s stated here, Conner Benn is the best example to follow. Good luck to the young lad.

Comment

Unfortunately. I see the kid getting stopped as soon as they put him in with a decent puncher.
                  Mammoth Mammoth likes this.

Comment

Let him fight Manny's son. Both very green with low expectations.

Comment

Working...
                    X