Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Conor Benn: I Want To Test Myself Against The Best in The Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Conor Benn: I Want To Test Myself Against The Best in The Division

Conor Benn has gone on a crash course in fighting southpaws ahead of his fight with Chris Van Heerden on Saturday night. He's not anticipating any difficulties at Manchester Arena on Saturday night and predicts things will only end one way.
    [Click Here To Read More]

One more tune up fight for the final tune up fight
    STREET CLEANER STREET CLEANER likes this.

Comment

Wants to test himself against the best in the division 7-8 years ago. There I fixed it.

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
        Wants to test himself against the best in the division 7-8 years ago. There I fixed it.
        This is true.
        i don’t mind how they are managing him. He’s done far better than I expected him too (in terms of his career)

but this is due to being carefully managed. Cherry picking type of fights vs aging “name” fighters.

Comment

From here on, his opponents should at least be ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by kingstip9 View Post

This is true.
            i don’t mind how they are managing him. He’s done far better than I expected him too (in terms of his career)

but this is due to being carefully managed. Cherry picking type of fights vs aging “name” fighters.
            Yes, he has been managed well to get him where he is at but it is now time to step up. Like Bodybagz said, from here on, it should be ranked fighters.

Comment

Hearn is doing a master class in promoting Conor Benn.

It is his best work yet outside of Anthony Joshua.

Deep down he probably knows the level of Benn, or should I say his current level 'And for me is picking good fights for him'.

But at some point Hearn will have to take a risk with Benn. I would imagine that would be in his next 3 fights.

Comment

I honestly don’t mind with how he’s being moved given the fact he had a very limited amateur career. I don’t think anyone else would either if he was being promoted by anyone else other than Eddie Hearn.

Comment

Van Heerden is an excellent test. It's enough of a step up to NOT be a cherry, but still a dangerous fight in terms of styles.

Unless people want to forget Rocha/Cobbs so soon.

Anyway... this line here:

Benn said he had spoken to Ugas about sparring, but Ugas told him he would rather go to dinner with him, something Benn found rather odd.
                  Yeah, Manny had an effect on Ugas. That's unfortunate. Guess it's time to put more money on a Spence wide win.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                    Hearn is doing a master class in promoting Conor Benn.

It is his best work yet outside of Anthony Joshua.

Deep down he probably knows the level of Benn, or should I say his current level 'And for me is picking good fights for him'.

But at some point Hearn will have to take a risk with Benn. I would imagine that would be in his next 3 fights.
                    I agree, its only a matter of time but at least he is making good money and getting a name for himself. He is soo open to a big overhand right that i can see him being brutally knocked out by the top welterweights. He is a little small for 147 and should of stayed at 140. Lets see how he gets on.

Comment

Working...
                    X