Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: Bivol May Be Toughest Fight For Canelo Outside of Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: Bivol May Be Toughest Fight For Canelo Outside of Mayweather

Promoter Eddie Hearn believes Dmitry Bivol is Canelo Alvarez's toughest opponent since Floyd Mayweather. Canelo suffered his sole career defeat back in 2013, when he was easily outboxed over twelve rounds by Mayweather.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Hearn talks too much. It's actually sad, that in the 10 years since floyd spanked canelo, Bivol is his toughest opponent.

Comment

Beterbiev didn't look old against Browne or Gvozdyk. You don't have to downplay others to sell the Bivol fight tbh

Comment

Canelo is angry because the mayority of latin boxing journalists think that Canelo deal advantages over his oponents to beat them...now he do not deal advantages, and that is the real test to see if Canelo is real a greatest mexican champion...Bivol is a hard test for him...i see this fight 50-50

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
          Hearn talks too much. It's actually sad, that in the 10 years since floyd spanked canelo, Bivol is his toughest opponent.
          that remains to be seen. Canelo arguably lost to Lara and twice to ggg. Bivol will probably do better than any of the recent Uk/euro fighters canelo faced because none really tried to win, but we’ll see.

Gamboal00 Gamboal00 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
            Who in those 10yrs would've been a better opponent from 154-168 than this current Bivol? I'm far from a Canelo fan but his resume is as good as anyone's since.

Comment

Originally posted by Sctrojan View Post

Who in those 10yrs would've been a better opponent from 154-168 than this current Bivol? I'm far from a Canelo fan but his resume is as good as anyone's since.
              I’d say GGG was a better opponent(not the current version)
              I don’t understand the hate for Canelo, he consistently fights the top level opponents, some are a lot bigger than him too eg Kovalev, Smith, Plant
              Boxviewer Boxviewer likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post

I don’t understand the hate for Canelo, he consistently fights the top level opponents, some are a lot bigger than him too eg Kovalev, Smith, Plant
                1) He is good, people always hate those at the top. Nobody hates on the Detroit Lions, but people sure do hate on Tom Brady
                2) He built his name fighting a lot of post prime fighters. Divide his resume based on those he fought when they were 35 or older, with those when they were younger. There is a noticeable difference in opponent.
                3) He has benefitted from some questionable situations: several favorable cards, catchweights for belts, etc.

This isn't me trying to degrade him, he is the top p4p in the world right now and a future HOFer. Just answering your question.
                Slowhand Slowhand Castilo Castilo like this.

Comment

Originally posted by JayCho View Post

Gennady's my boy but I'd honestly say Bivol is just as good,if not better. I do agree that hes fighting top level fighters and get the hate,for obvious reasons but I wouldn't say he's fighting a lot "bigger" guys. Canelo is built a lot different from the "160-175" norm. These guys are taller and longer yea,but Canelo is built like a Tank. Short in stature but bulky/stout as hell where as the rest are more of the athletic build. Contrary to what a lot of his nuthuugers believe,he still is cutting quite a big to make 168.

Bivol isn't a ****t/alcoholic coming off a quick turnaround and near KO loss to Yarde either. Bivol is a big,fast athletic and skilled boxer. Quick on his feet,fast hands,and being a full fledged 175lber,he"ll have enough pop to keep Canelo honest. It will be an extremely difficult matchup for Canelo,one where I believe that short stature of his,finally becomes a gap too large to overcome,imo.

Comment

Course he is.

I have Bivol winning this fight.
                    Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X