Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series Remains on Hold While Pandemic Lingers On

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: World Boxing Super Series Remains on Hold While Pandemic Lingers On

The next edition of the World Boxing Super Series remains on hold while the legacy of the Covid pandemic lingers on, making it difficult to put on a worldwide series of fights with any certainty.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Pandemic is over

Comment

Every single tournament so far has produced a legitimate lineal or Ring Magazine world champion. Can't argue with those results and I hope they find the funding to put on another.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        Every single tournament so far has produced a legitimate lineal or Ring Magazine world champion. Can't argue with those results and I hope they find the funding to put on another.
        I'm curious as to what weight class they will try and put in it. I wouldnt mind a lightweight, middleweight and heavyweight edition of the tournament.

Comment

most the tournaments have been straight up dog****. the one with ward,froch etc was the only good one, the others have jsut been tournaments in the worst divisions which noone cares about hence why its cheap and easy to organise. the flyweight one was a damn joke with grandpa donaire getting to the final, doesnt say much about the depth of quality in that division when someone 10 years past prime gets to final lol
          Last edited by Prince Madison; 04-13-2022, 01:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
            most the tournaments have been straight up dog****. the one with ward,froch etc was the only good one, the others have jsut been tournaments in the worst divisions which noone cares about hence why its cheap and easy to organise. the flyweight one was a damn joke with grandpa donaire getting to the final, doesnt say much about the depth of quality in that division when someone 10 years past prime gets to final lol
            Wrong. First of all it’s bantamweight, not flyweight. And “grandpa” Donaire, is a beast at bantamweight. He is huge for that weight class, with major power as well. His struggles came as he continued upward in weight. He lost to Rigondeaux, no shame in that, and was cut down by Walters who was just way too big for him. He lost to Magdalene and Frampton as well, but correct me if I’m wrong, none of those fights were at bantamweight. I think the only fight he has lost at bantamweight was the tournament final against Inoue. And since that loss he became champ again. Anyways, these tournaments turned out way better than I expected. Producing lineal champions and undisputed champions, I can’t argue with that. The first cruiser tournament was loaded. Usyk, Briedis, Gassiev, Dorticos, Lebedev might have even been in it, can’t remember. Some good fights too. The Gassiev/Dorticos fight was a good one.
            Last edited by Mission2Uranus; 04-13-2022, 03:57 PM.
            Airtioteclint Airtioteclint likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Wacked_Out View Post
              Pandemic is over
              only one was the murder jabs
              Wacked_Out Wacked_Out likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
                You mean the one where you said there's no way Inoue would win and then he won it and you backtracked as always?

How does it feel being a flip flopping clown?
                Airtioteclint Airtioteclint likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post

You mean the one where you said there's no way Inoue would win and then he won it and you backtracked as always?

How does it feel being a flip flopping clown?
                  Mans talking about the Froch tournament as if that wasn’t a completely different thing, and didn’t take like 4 years to finish hahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
                    Yeah they’re great. One of the best things to happen in boxing in the last few years.

Comment

Working...
                    X