Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chris Van Heerden: I'm a Much Better Boxer Than Conor Benn

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Chris Van Heerden: I'm a Much Better Boxer Than Conor Benn

Chris van Heerden has dismissed Conor Benn's boxing ability ahead of their 12-round Welterweight clash for the WBA Continental Title this Saturday April 16 at the AO Arena in Manchester, shown live worldwide on DAZN (excluding New Zealand and Australia), labelling the 25-year-old an "emotional, angry fighter".
    [Click Here To Read More]

benn will stop him early

Comment

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
      benn will stop him early
      He's supposed to.

He isn't ranked in the Top 20.

Comment

benn will stop him early
        Yeah, Van Heerden always seems like a cool dude in interviews, but Benn is coming into his prime and is looking better and better. I don't think he lasts much longer than Algieri did.
        Madison boxing Prince Madison likes this.

Comment

His biggest claim to fame was beating the great Matt Hatton nearly ten years ago.....the way Hearn has been selling Benn as the new face of Dazn and the next big thing , after twenty fights this is pretty pathetic but if you like being fooled and like to see a faded ordinary fighter get stopped by a young kid then tune in.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
            His biggest claim to fame was beating the great Matt Hatton nearly ten years ago.....the way Hearn has been selling Benn as the new face of Dazn and the next big thing , after twenty fights this is pretty pathetic but if you like being fooled and like to see a faded ordinary fighter get stopped by a young kid then tune in.
            its not pathetic, spence fought him in his 18th fight
            Castilo Castilo likes this.

Comment

its not pathetic, spence fought him in his 18th fight
              How long ago was that and what's he done since then?

Gash fight and I like watching Benn, he's fun but this aint any fight to be excited about.

Comment

Van Heerden was being victimized by Boots! The headbutt was a blessing for him, or his career would be over! If he was a better boxer than Conor Benn, he wouldn't be fighting Conor Benn!

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                  after twenty fights this is pretty pathetic
                  .. don't say that you'll get lynched you must think boots is the ****test boxer of all time then, seriously go compare 20 odd fights in. Van Heederen is levels above anyone that boots fought in his 20 odd fight point, or Avanesyan in his last fight.

Other than Ortiz who are these boxers that fought these amazing fighters 20 in in the current welterweights .. I have boxrec open but I can't find them?

What's fun about Benn to watch is he really should have got no where near this level given his lack of amateur experience and how bad he looked early on, his improvement has been amazing, he's an exciting fighter to watch.
                  Would I be shocked if he stepped up and got soundly beaten by one of the top five .. nah that could happen easily ..but it's fun to watch. Will he ever be world champion .. maybe not.
                  Benns entertainment .. Andrade for instance looks a far better boxer he's just not fun to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by DougalDylan View Post

.. don't say that you'll get lynched you must think boots is the ****test boxer of all time then, seriously go compare 20 odd fights in. Van Heederen is levels above anyone that boots fought in his 20 odd fight point, or Avanesyan in his last fight.

Other than Ortiz who are these boxers that fought these amazing fighters 20 in in the current welterweights .. I have boxrec open but I can't find them?

What's fun about Benn to watch is he really should have got no where near this level given his lack of amateur experience and how bad he looked early on, his improvement has been amazing, he's an exciting fighter to watch.
                    Would I be shocked if he stepped up and got soundly beaten by one of the top five .. nah that could happen easily ..but it's fun to watch. Will he ever be world champion .. maybe not.
                    Benns entertainment .. Andrade for instance looks a far better boxer he's just not fun to watch.
                    Boots faced van heederen is his 26th pro fight and Benn is doing it in his 21st. Is that really a massive difference? Especially when you consider that they started their careers at the same exact time. Month and year.

Comment

Working...
                    X