Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fundora: Lubin Was Very Brave, I Hope He Heals Up Quickly

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Fundora: Lubin Was Very Brave, I Hope He Heals Up Quickly

One of the most respectful and personable fighters in boxing, brand new WBC Interim Super Welterweight Champion, Sebastian "The Towering Inferno" Fundora, wishes to send his warmest wishes for a quick recovery to brave challenger Erickson "Hammer" Lubin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Fundora is going to be hard to deal with

Comment

5'9 vs 6'5

Comment

Originally posted by Gjones24 View Post
        Fundora is going to be hard to deal with
        I doubt it. He is a defensive liability. Had Lubin been a bigger puncher he would have easily stopped Fundora in there on Saturday night. For example, his style plays right into a fighter like the counter punching Jermell Charlo's hands; Who cracks a whole lot harder than Erickson.

Moreover, Sebastian is just too easy to find and hit. He sacrifices his defense for his offense. If Mell lands the same type of punches that Lubin landed on him then he would have been knocked out.

Comment

I'm not sure he'll clean out the division as stated. he was getting hit clean and knocked down by lubin. But will certainly be fun to watch the ride.
          BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Charlo is leaving the division so that saves him from a Sergio vs Paul Williams 2 ending. Ortiz and Ennis are busting at the seams to get into 154. Ennis will give him angles and throw off his timing and he would literally walk right into Ortiz's power punches. Then again they aren't PBC. I believe he can beat the rest of the roster.

Comment

Fundora a class act and a tough out. His defense is lacking but he does have a chin; It took punching himself out and then multiple clean shots to finally put him down. Lubin isn't exactly feather fisted either.

Charlo would be a very tough matchup with his crisp, heavy counters. 154 is loaded and most of them eager to knuckle up with each other. So many many great potential matchups.

Comment

Fundora a class act.

He needs to work on his defense. He needs to work on his jab and outside game, strange for a guy that tall that he prefers fighting on the inside.

Comment

There's a young kid from Cuba, fighting at 154lbs. I'm pretty sure he can knockout anyone in that division. He's only five fights into his professional career, but, he was a good amateur. Yoelvis Gomez, also William Scull can cause a lot problems fir any 154 pounder. Then again, the fights has to happen for that prediction to come through, or not.

Comment

Fundora just might ride the hype and wave he created with the fight to decide to slug it out with everyone else in his future bouts. This will more than likely be his demise because he can be hit. His ego just might be his down fall. I also laughed when the article mentioned he used superior inside fighting or whatever it was. So funny to read that a 6 foot 6 dude has the superior inside fighting than his smaller opponent.

I've yet to see this fight though. I turned it on in like the last rd so I missed all the previous action. Would love to catch a replay of it. Sounded like it was a war. I miscalculated and watched that boring Garcia fight, lol.

Comment

Working...
                    X