No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Fundora Deliver: Weekend Afterthoughts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin, Fundora Deliver: Weekend Afterthoughts

Upon announcement, Sebastian Fundora-Erickson Lubin was the sort of scrap fight fans knew to look forward to. Both young, both hungry, both with question marks, Fundora-Lubin was a fight that was going to tell us something. It was going to be hard for it not to be a good fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Tim Tszyu would be a good fight for the Tower. Some here think Tim is the second coming.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
      Tim Tszyu would be a good fight for the Tower. Some here think Tim is the second coming.
      I think Fundora would chew Tszyu up and spit him out. I would pick an undamaged Lubin over Tszyu as well. Those guys have more dimensions than Tszyu.
      mjh1969 mjh1969 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Corelone View Post
        I have a feeling Team Fundora would me more into that fight than Team Tszyu.

As a side note, how many sons of boxing champs and contenders actually go on to be better than the old man? Lately I can only think of Floyd. Chavez Jr, Benn jr, Eubank Jr and Tszyu Jr just haven't got it like their fathers.
        mjh1969 mjh1969 likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post

I think Fundora would chew Tszyu up and spit him out. I would pick an undamaged Lubin over Tszyu as well. Those guys have more dimensions than Tszyu.
          I agree with you on this. Tszyu is a good fighter but his defense is suspect. He can't fight Fundora with his defense. He would take too many punches and at the end of the fight look like Lubin did with his face being disfigured. The guy that beats Fundora would have to be a good mover and have power in his hands to make Fundora pay once he tries to overwhelm his opponents with swarms of punches.

Tszyu's handlers won't put him in with Fundora. They know better.
          landotter landotter likes this.

Comment

A lot of narratives are being written coming off these fights. Fundora has seen his stock go way higher/ after a war in which he got knocked down early and had to respond. His convincing KO victory has got him installed as a favorite over most of his peers. Golovkin wins, and somehow his stock drops. He shock off a bad start to dominate the last few rounds and force a stoppage. But somehow a large number of his peers are all still favored over him.

Not saying these narratives are wrong. Only amusing how they are written.

Comment

Originally posted by landotter View Post
              A lot of narratives are being written coming off these fights. Fundora has seen his stock go way higher/ after a war in which he got knocked down early and had to respond. His convincing KO victory has got him installed as a favorite over most of his peers. Golovkin wins, and somehow his stock drops. He shock off a bad start to dominate the last few rounds and force a stoppage. But somehow a large number of his peers are all still favored over him.

Not saying these narratives are wrong. Only amusing how they are written.
              You're looking at it objectively based on the single fights with no context. This was the tower's biggest test as he's a guy on the rise, while GGG is a fighter in decline who is being set up to fight the #1pfp. GGG was a beast back in the day so they're still comparing him to then whereas fundora has yet to reach his peak. Apples and Oranges
              BustedKnuckles BustedKnuckles likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveM View Post

I have a feeling Team Fundora would me more into that fight than Team Tszyu.

As a side note, how many sons of boxing champs and contenders actually go on to be better than the old man? Lately I can only think of Floyd. Chavez Jr, Benn jr, Eubank Jr and Tszyu Jr just haven't got it like their fathers.
                Eubank Jr is already 32, so he probably won't reach his father's status in the game, but I think it may be a bit premature to write off Benn and Tszyu. Both guys are still young and looking good in their recent fights. Chavez Jr is old, but he might actually eclipse his dear old dad's fame if he can land that Jake Paul fight.
                Last edited by NachoMan; 04-12-2022, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post

Eubank Jr is already 32, so he probably won't reach his father's status in the game, but I think it may be a bit premature to write off Benn and Tszyu. Both guys are still young and looking good in their recent fights. Chavez Jr is old, but he might actually eclipse his dear old dad's fame if he can land that Jake Paul fight.
                  I might be wrong but I suspect Benn sr and Tszyu sr. were already world champions by the time they were their son's respective ages , Nigel Benn definitely

Comment

Did the writer not mean it's a step forward for Garcia, given that he hasn't fought in a long time and his past health issues?

He got the win, if not looking spectacular. At times it's not bad to get more rounds in. Whether he ever fights the other top guys and could beat Davis and Haney, it's debatable.

Comment

Working...
                    X