Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia: No More Callouts, My Fans Don't Want To Hear Me Talk About Fights That Might Not Happen

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia: No More Callouts, My Fans Don't Want To Hear Me Talk About Fights That Might Not Happen

SAN ANTONIO - Ryan Garcia has vowed to avoid a repeat of his 2021 campaign that began with promise and ended in ridicule. With the growing period comes the resistance to call out the biggest names in a lightweight division packed with young talent. Garcia (22-0, 18KOs) took that very approach following his twelve-round, unanimous decision win over Ghana's
    [Click Here To Read More]

Who ducked you Ryan? Tell us

Comment

Alright Ryan...we boxing fans be desperate for good fights these days, but atleast you doing more with your life than the haters (occasionally myself) accusing you of ducking. Same could be said for 85% of the division anyways

Comment

Daily reminder Ryan Garcia/GBP turned down the Gervonta Davis fight and lied and said they were facing Manny Pacquiao. Showtime just aired the foty while Oscar/DAZN decided to air the worst foty weeks after turning down Munguia-Charlo

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Ryan lacks many things and doesn't appear seasoned as Haney, Davis and a few others however he does seem to have heavy hands and fast hands but miss quite a bit also. I just see a one trick pony right now but he's young and could develop over time. I see why they are fighting the Tagoe type fighter's guys who will fool the public with their records but really not that good on an international level. He got the win against a non-descript type of fighter and that's all that matter with his following. Gervonta would have that a(Ss) though.
          champion4ever champion4ever likes this.

Comment

Garcia and team do a lot of name dropping and always fight some 3rd tier fighter. Nobody is ducking Garcia plus he gave himself a layoff because he was emotionally hurt by something.

Didn't know that boxing had to stop and restart when he is going in and out of the sport. He was out, there is war in Ukraine and other fights got made. Where in his timeline was he ready to fight a decent name at 135?

Comment

Originally posted by MinuteMaid5

Tim Tszyu

Comment

Somewhat smart to keep all the noise down after the fight if he starts name dropping and they don't materialize. With that said, it also sucks these days that you may actually have someone do a call out and it gets you no where and instead, the people turn on you. Like, back in the day, it was awesome to hear a call out and showed balls. Though those fights would then usually materialize. Nowadays, calling someone out is meaningless.

The best you can do is keep winning and hopefully put some fighters in a checkmate type scenario where they have no choice but to face each other.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

In hindsight maybe the reason Tagoe was taking so long to get to the ring was because he was still trying to figure out his game plan to fight Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post

In hindsight maybe the reason Tagoe was taking so long to get to the ring was because he was still trying to figure out his game plan to fight Ryan.
                    That is why i never miss the ring walk.. Like the Lubin fight, I knew the outcome just from the walk.

Comment

Working...
                    X