Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison: If I'm Lubin, I'm Thinking About Retiring; Showed So Much Grit; I Salute Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tony Harrison: If I'm Lubin, I'm Thinking About Retiring; Showed So Much Grit; I Salute Him

LAS VEGAS - Tony Harrison had a ringside seat Saturday night for one of the more brutal boxing matches you could witness in person. The former WBC super welterweight champion came away from it more impressed with Erickson Lubin than ever. He still wondered whether Lubin should continue his career after absorbing that type of damage to his face during a technical-knockout loss to Sebastian Fundora in their fantastic fight for the WBC interim super welterweight championship.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I disagree, i think he can still rebound, maybe not world champion bound but can still can work up to a title shot, he can still make a career and some decent paydays specially after a FOTY contender

Comment

Retire for what when he can still beat guys like you? Lubin has a better skillset than Tony & I fully believe what Lubin said about their sparring sessions. Fundora would likely issue the same punishment to Tony.. Tony probably has the same chin if not worse & notoriously gasses out in the later rounds. Give me Lubin vs Tony on the comeback fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
        Retire for what when he can still beat guys like you? Lubin has a better skillset than Tony & I fully believe what Lubin said about their sparring sessions. Fundora would likely issue the same punishment to Tony.. Tony probably has the same chin if not worse & notoriously gasses out in the later rounds. Give me Lubin vs Tony on the comeback fight.
        Erickson Lubin vs. Yoelvis Gomez!

Comment

Lubin had the cojones to be in a tough fight. Why retire? He might never reach the potential that it was said that he reach but he is still a good fighter.
          Doctor Bill Doctor Bill likes this.

Comment

That unmerciful beating that Sabastian Fondura put on Erikson Lubin reminded me of the thrashing that the tall lengthy former unified champ 'Swift' Jarrett Hurd put on Tony Harrison.

You know Tony went on to become champion ( in a controversial manner ), but lacks the heart of one, and even though Lubin may never win a title I think that never being a quitter and ending his career with his pride has more meaning.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
              Lubin will probably be a serious contender his whole career without winning a title unless he fights for a vacant one and wins it. People like Harrison dont stand a chance against him but the next step above that probably beats him. Much respect to Lubin he showed championship qualities in a rough fight with Fundora

Comment

The toughest sport in the world.

It's the hurt business, and may they make as much money as they can, and not be permanently damaged from boxing.
                pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

I said before this fight took place that Lubin is very similar to Oba Carr in the 90’s, he’ll give all good fighters and champions hell and had he came at a different time he would be champion however, Tony is an active fighter in the same division and should never make that assessment because it gives the appearance of you playing dodgeball! Tony has his own demons and flaws he should be working on, but that won’t happen due to the inexperienced trainers he decided to go with. Lubin fought a helleva fight and still can fight if not damaged mentally.

Comment

Lubin should definitely not retire. He's only 26 and he lost to a freak of nature, nothing to be ashamed of. Just take a break and let the wounds heal, have a tune-up and get right back into a title eliminator.

Comment

Working...
                    X