Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: I Wanted To KO Tagoe - But He Was Very Crafty, Made it Difficult

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: I Wanted To KO Tagoe - But He Was Very Crafty, Made it Difficult

San Antonio came out to the Alamodome to see undefeated lightweight contender Ryan Garcia (22-0, 18KOs) of Victorville, CA, made a triumphant return to the ring against the top-rated Emmanuel "The Gameboy" Tagoe (32-2, 15KOs) of Accra, Ghana.
    [Click Here To Read More]

“Crafty” doesn’t seem like the right word. Run, grab, hold repeat isn’t really a craft.

Comment

The matinee idol De La Hoya similarity, but not as gifted a boxer as Oscar.

Comment

Ryan is being respectful calling him crafty. Tagoe refused to fight got dropped in the second round and went full survival mode fighting every round purely to no get knocked out then to try and win any rounds. Running hugging and even tackling Ryan at times to avoid fighting. Very reminiscing of Pacquiao who was knocking out everyone and then faced Clottey who stank up the joint refused to fight so he wouldn't get knocked out. Nobody can look good when you face a guy like Clottey or Tagoe who is intent on not fighting and doesn't care if they lose every round they just don't want to get knocked out

Comment

Ryan can't cut the ring for shit.
          Unidentified Unidentified likes this.

Comment

I was not entertained...
            AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Ryan had no plan, didn't use the jab and fights with his chin in the air. He looked strong and had stamina but the other guy didn't want to fight. The few times Tagoe threw the left hook he landed it.

Unless Ryan gets someone out with his speed and power in the first few rounds he won't be able to compete with the top 135 pounders. He is very repetitive, is not as fast as Khan and throws mostly 2 punches at a time.

He is young enough to improve but the hype on him right now is B.S.
              Last edited by STREET CLEANER; 04-10-2022, 11:11 AM.
              AmpMcv AmpMcv likes this.

Comment

Garcia is a long way from competing for a title. Any of the top LW's would break him down. I hate it that he drinks his own kool-aid. Years ago I thought him and Haney were legit. Now not so much. Neither has been impressive lately.

Comment

If Ryan can't catch an old man, his chances are slim at the upper levels.

Comment

Bread predicted Garcia to win by “beheading” which is what would’ve happened to this cherry picked opponent if Garcia was actually half as good as he believes he is.
                    Last edited by Jab jab boom; 04-10-2022, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X