Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora Gets Off The Floor, Stops Erickson Lubin in Nine Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sebastian Fundora Gets Off The Floor, Stops Erickson Lubin in Nine Rounds

LAS VEGAS - Kevin Cunningham couldn't watch Erickson Lubin absorb any more damage to his face Saturday night. Lubin's respected trainer told referee Russell Mora Jr. to stop his highly competitive, entertaining battle with Sebastian Fundora because Lubin had suffered severe swelling between and around his eyes. Fundora won by technical knockout, remained undefeated and won the vacant WBC 154-pound championship.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Last edited by BIGPOPPAPUMP; 04-10-2022, 12:08 AM.

Lubin vs. Fundora will see top super welterweight contenders Erickson “Hammer” Lubin and Sebastián “The Towering Inferno” Fundora square off for the WBC Super Welterweight Interim Title headlining action live on SHOWTIME on Saturday, April 9 in a Premier Boxing Champions event from the Theater at Virgin Hotels Las Vegas, part of Curio Collection by Hilton.

The SHOWTIME CHAMPIONSHIP BOXING® telecast begins at 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT and features former super welterweight world champion Tony “Superbad” Harrison taking on highly regarded contender Sergio García in the 10-round co-main event, plus unbeaten super welterweight Kevin Salgado battling Bryant Perrella in the 10-round telecast opener.

Comment

This fight is very intriguing, think Lubin takes it ............

Comment

Bread’s Response: Erickson Lubin is a GUN. He lost his 1st big fight bad. He didn’t even get a chance to warm up. But I’ve never bought into the theory it was too soon. We don’t know because he got clipped so early he didn't get a chance to show his talents. He was days away from being 22 years old. There have been plenty of fighters ready at 22. Just because he lost doesn’t mean he wasn’t ready. Maybe Charlo is a great fighter that he could have never beaten. Maybe he got caught early. Who knows? Nevertheless Lubin has responded like a winner. Taking tough fights and openly seeking out the dude that kod him in Charlo. That’s a gun.

I don’t know who will win the Lubin vs Fundora match up. But if I was forced to pick I would pick Lubin. Speed is a big deal to me and Fundora is just much slower. Unless Fundora has iron will and an iron chin, which he may have but I don’t know it yet, he’s going to be big target for the sharp shooting Lubin. This fight will either look like Margarito vs Cotto or Margarito vs Mosley with Fundora being Margarito.

As far as how I would train Lubin. He has a great corner in Kevin Cunningham and Jason Galarza. I think they got it figured out. I saw they hired taller, southpaw sparring partners…..they know what they’re doing. Lubin’s months of practice and instincts will take over as the fight goes on. I think this is going to be a SHOOTOUT.This fight comes down to who can take who’s punches better. That’s the puncher in a fight. If Lubin can hurt Fundora or slow him down enough to outbox him he wins. If he can’t and Fundora walks and presses him with brutal determination and he doesn’t accept Lubin’s power, Fundora will win. I lean Lubin.

Comment

Intriguing fight...Lubin would have to be a favorite, but that CHIN...

Comment

Anyone streaming this event?

Comment

Looks like I'll be watching this event since dazn are gouging *******s.

Comment

Originally posted by RazorDog View Post
                Looks like I'll be watching this event since dazn are gouging *******s.
                So you weren’t gonna watch this? I wouldn’t be surprised at all if these 3 fights are more entertaining & competitive than the DAZN main card.

total bs DAZN is charging PPV in some places
                Last edited by edpboxing; 04-09-2022, 06:55 PM.

Comment

10pm start. They probably won't be in the ring until 11:30. Cali fans have all the luck.

Comment

Action beginning in Vegas with 14-0 Kevin Salgado vs 17-3-1 Bryant Perrella at 154

Comment

Working...
                    X