Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Garcia Fight vs. Ghana's Tagoe No Walk In Park; 'I Hope He's Not Like Ike Quartay'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Garcia Fight vs. Ghana's Tagoe No Walk In Park; 'I Hope He's Not Like Ike Quartay'

One of Oscar De La Hoya's toughest tests throughout his illustrious 16-year Hall of Fame career came in 1999 when the Golden Boy took on Ike Quartey.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You still remember the man you robbed, right Oscar?
    kushking kushking w1cked w1cked like this.

Comment

Originally posted by Tatabanya View Post
      You still remember the man you robbed, right Oscar?
      Close fight but no robbery. It was a great fight, I have watched several times. The KD in the 12th was the deciding factor. The way that word gets thrown around is crazy.
      Ropeydope Ropeydope 4truth 4truth like this.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

Close fight but no robbery. It was a great fight, I have watched several times. The KD in the 12th was the deciding factor. The way that word gets thrown around is crazy.
        Respect to any opinion, but to me Oscar lost that fight clearly. A robbery is a robbery, even with a one or two-point difference.

Comment

Respect to any opinion, but to me Oscar lost that fight clearly. A robbery is a robbery, even with a one or two-point difference.
          To each their own, it was a great fight though, one of my favorites to rewatch.

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post

To each their own, it was a great fight though, one of my favorites to rewatch.
            Sure it was, agreed with that.

Speaking again about the outcome, two judges had De La Hoya up three and four points respectively. Based on that, he would have won a split decision even without the final KD, which means that those two were watching a different fight from us...
            jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

never watched him fight but guarantee if hes been lined up to fight garcia than he isnt up to much and he certainly doesnt carry any sort of power

Comment

Sure it was, agreed with that.

Speaking again about the outcome, two judges had De La Hoya up three and four points respectively. Based on that, he would have won a split decision even without the final KD, which means that those two were watching a different fight from us...
                If Quartey wins the last round its a draw, if he sores a knockdown instead of Delahoya he wins. I thought Oscar won it as well with the kd in the last round but I could have easily given an early round or two to Quartey that I had given Oscar.
                Tatabanya Tatabanya likes this.

Comment

A liilte wrinkle to this fight that's slipped under the radar a bit is that it isn't a "lightweight" fight. The limit is 139 and that extra weight will suit Garcia a lot more than Tagoe.
                  LA_2_Vegas LA_2_Vegas likes this.

Comment

I don't think Tagoe is like Quartey, or they wouldn't put him in with Ryan now.

That was really exciting, dramatic fight, De La Hoya-Quartey.

It was very close, could've gone either way but Oscar did finish strongly.

Since when has their been such a great fight in the welterweight division, even though they say that it's stacked with talent. But they don't all fight each other nowadays.

Comment

Working...
                    X