Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lubin: Fundora Gets Hit A Lot; I Got Some Real Devastating Power; We'll See How That Plays Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lubin: Fundora Gets Hit A Lot; I Got Some Real Devastating Power; We'll See How That Plays Out

LAS VEGAS - There are things about boxing Sebastian Fundora that Erickson Lubin recognizes will be difficult. Landing flush punches on his 6-foot-6 opponent isn't on Lubin's list. The strong southpaw figures Fundora's defensive flaws will work to his advantage throughout their 12-round fight Saturday night for the WBC interim super welterweight title.
    [Click Here To Read More]

If Lubin keeps it on the outside and/or hurts Fundora on his way inside, Lubin wins. If Fundora makes it an inside fight, Fundora wins. It’s that simple.

It will be an exciting fight, Fundora’s determined to fight on the inside and Lubin has to convince him otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post
      If Lubin keeps it on the outside and/or hurts Fundora on his way inside, Lubin wins. If Fundora makes it an inside fight, Fundora wins. It’s that simple.

It will be an exciting fight, Fundora’s determined to fight on the inside and Lubin has to convince him otherwise.
      That’s what makes this matchup so intriguing. It’s a 50/50 fight and it’ll all come down to who can execute his game plan and impose his will on tue other man.

Comment

Fundora is a freak, no disrespect, he's aggressive, but his first shots start 6 feet away. By the time he's in range for a counter, the other guy is off balance, or covering up. He's a blizzard of leather head on.

Comment

I think Fondura keeps Lubin on the outside & jabs him into submission. I'm getting on Fondura but I'm cheering for Lubin

Comment

Originally posted by Heru View Post

Ha. You'd think a 6'6 guy would want to use his height advantage but Fundora seldom does.

Make no mistake. Lubin can punch. You are right in that Fundora needs to keep up his blizzard of activity to not give Lubin chances.

Comment

I put $$$ on Lubin

Comment

Lubin is correct, Fundora gets hit and Lubin can crack. I don't recall ever seeing Fundora especially hurt tho.

On the other hand, Lubin has been visibly buzzed or hurt on multiple occasions throughout his career when his opponent touches his chin clean.

Great matchup. Both guys will have to answer questions in this bout. What happens to Fundora when Lubin lands clean (and he will)? What happens to Lubin if Fundora lands clean? I lean Lubin because I think he's the better skilled fighter but I wouldn't be surprised to see Fundora pull it off. I do expect to see one of them touch canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
                  I think Fondura keeps Lubin on the outside & jabs him into submission. I'm getting on Fondura but I'm cheering for Lubin
                  You would think this would be the case but he fights absolutely nothing like this. He doesnt use his height as an advantage, fights on the inside, and gets sucked into dog fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post

You would think this would be the case but he fights absolutely nothing like this. He doesnt use his height as an advantage, fights on the inside, and gets sucked into dog fights.
                    Yeah, I was about to say have you ever seen this kid fight before?

Doubt he's going to suddenly change his style. He attempted to box a bit against Garcia and didn't do so well.

Comment

Working...
                    X