Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayer Believes Shields' Speed, Output Will Be Too Much For Marshall

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mayer Believes Shields' Speed, Output Will Be Too Much For Marshall

IBF, WBO super featherweight champion Mikaela Mayer is backing Claressa Shields to topple Savannah Marshall in a planned middleweight unification.
    [Click Here To Read More]

An American supporting another American. Not really breaking news

Comment

Mayer supporting Shields is noteworthy though because the American boxing is less nationalist and more race based. That is why you get Blacks supporting Blacks, Mexicans with La Raza and whites have abandoned the sport for UFC.

Comment

Can’t see it, I reckon Shields is getting stopped!

Comment

Mikaela Mayer is right, you need more than power to beat the 'GWOAT'. Savanah Marshall poor performance vs. Femke Hermans was masked by the brutal ending.

I had Femke winning all three rounds against Savanah Marshall, Hermans was landing everything on Savanah Marshall : jabs, right-hands, uppercuts you name it. Not only did Femke out-maneuver the plucked-ostrich, but Hermans was pushing Marshall back ; at times even outworking her in the inside.

There are too many holes for Clarresa Shields to exploit and not enough time or Marshall to get any better. I expect the P4P to dominate this hype-job.

Comment

Well it would be great to see Shields get KOd just because she is so nasty--but it might not happen just like Mayer says. Marshall should use a sharp jab to keep Shields off balance but who knows.

Comment

I expect Shields to win by decision but I think it's an incredibly interesting matchup. I've seen Shields dropped by Gabriels but I don't think she was really hurt. Marshall is going to have to hurt her to win IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Mikaela Mayer is right, you need more than power to beat the 'GWOAT'. Savanah Marshall poor performance vs. Femke Hermans was masked by the brutal ending.

I had Femke winning all three rounds against Savanah Marshall, Hermans was landing everything on Savanah Marshall : jabs, right-hands, uppercuts you name it. Not only did Femke out-maneuver the plucked-ostrich, but Hermans was pushing Marshall back ; at times even outworking her in the inside.

There are too many holes for Clarresa Shields to exploit and not enough time or Marshall to get any better. I expect the P4P to dominate this hype-job.
                You're watching through biased eyes, clearly. Marshall won the first two rounds comfortably. They were not exciting, but a lot of top boxers like to have a look first couple. Judge the distance, the opponents speed, power, movement and just feel their way into the fight. She was winning pretty much every second of the fight. Nash out.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post

You're watching through biased eyes, clearly. Marshall won the first two rounds comfortably. They were not exciting, but a lot of top boxers like to have a look first couple. Judge the distance, the opponents speed, power, movement and just feel their way into the fight. She was winning pretty much every second of the fight. Nash out.

As you can see Savanah Marshall can be out-thought and is pretty slow in her reactions to traps and counters. I cant remember when Savanah Marshall landed at least two or more consecutive punches on Femke Hermans.

I wondered, can Savanah Marshall beat the 'GWOAT' landing one or two punches a round? Was Femke's footwork not limiting Savanah's offense?

If only Femke Hermans had been in her prime and had the fluidity to incorporate offense off the ropes she would of washed Savanah,. It was looking bad in there for Marshall if you ask me.
                  Fact Fact likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                    As you can see Savanah Marshall can be out-thought and is pretty slow in her reactions to traps and counters. I cant remember when Savanah Marshall landed at least two or more consecutive punches on Femke Hermans.

I wondered, can Savanah Marshall beat the 'GWOAT' landing one or two punches a round? Was Femke's footwork not limiting Savanah's offense?

If only Femke Hermans had been in her prime and had the fluidity to incorporate offense off the ropes she would of washed Savanah,. It was looking bad in there for Marshall if you ask me.
                    I agree that Savannah Marshall's defense is her weakness.

However, do you think Claressa can hit hard enough to keep her at bay for the whole fight? If she can't I could see Marshall eventually landing something big.

Comment

Working...
                    X