Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Me and Murata Have Similar Styles - I Expect a Fight of The Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Me and Murata Have Similar Styles - I Expect a Fight of The Year

Fight week is in full swing and throughout Japan, Gennadiy "GGG" Golovkin is being hailed as the biggest name to enter a ring in Japan since heavyweight champion Mike Tyson.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Aren’t fight of the year type of fights usually wars? I truly don’t believe GGG can afford a FOTY type of war.
    Last edited by nghtmr111; 04-07-2022, 03:57 AM.

Comment

I imagine people will say some bad stuff about this fight because they always do about GGG. For my part, any accusations of “ducking” are overshadowed by his enjoyable style over and over. I love watching him fight and I think this may be an amazing one!!

Comment

I'd still like to see GGG v Eubank before he retires. Though I doubt there is a whole lot of demand for that.

Comment

Originally posted by nghtmr111 View Post
          Aren’t fight of the year type of fights usually wars? I truly don’t believe GGG can afford a FOTY type of war.
          Lol, good point. At his age and potentially facing Canelo after.

Comment

i think this will be a war i like ggg to win but it will be a very entertaining fight

Comment

I'm still picking Murata to upset the apple cart.... although I'm probably wrong my gut tells me its happening

Comment

Fan of Golovkin but I think he shows his age and gets hurt in this fight. Father Time has been chipping away and I felt he should’ve retired after fighting sergiy. First time I don’t bet on a Golovkin fight. Might possibly not be able to stop Murata and if it goes to the cards who the hell knows. Murata isn’t anything special but 40, slowed down, fighting a considerably naturally bigger man = ain’t no guarantees.

Comment

GGG might be 40 and might be inactive but Murata is taylor made for him, come strraight forward fighter who comes in straight lines, doen't move his head, flat footed.

Murata is not gonna stop Golovkin and he definitely won't out punch him.

GGG KO.
                  NachoMan NachoMan likes this.

Comment

GGG might be getting long in the tooth, but Murata's come forward style is made for him. No way is Murata winning a punching contest with GGG. I do think this is going to be a very entertaining scrap, but I have little doubt that it ends (let's say the 8th) in a KO for GGG. Whatever his detractors may say, GGG is special and he'll prove it again.

Comment

Working...
                    X