Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryota Murata Confident, Believes Golovkin is "Past His Prime"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryota Murata Confident, Believes Golovkin is "Past His Prime"

WBA middleweight champion Ryota Murata believes his upcoming opponent, IBF/IBO champion Gennadiy Golovkin, is past his best. The two champions will collide in a unification showdown on Saturday night in Japan.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope it didn't take Murata much time to come to that conclusion. Anyone boxing at 40 and over is WELL PAST THEIR PRIME. You can have some "exceptions" in usually the heavyweight division since the majority are slow plodding punchers, but for I'd say anyone 195lbs and lighter, you're going to show your vulnerability and degrading in skill at 40yrs old and above.

Comment

He was past his prime as far back as the Danny Jacobs fight. He's not a young man, he had a long amateur career, and he's put a lot of miles on his body.

He's still got enough in the tank to KO Murata, though.

Comment

He's been past his prime.

Add in his amateur career also.

He is still very technical and power is the last thing to go, and we all know GGG can crack.

He better not be banking on that past prime stuff...
        Slowhand Slowhand likes this.

Comment

the jap has just turned 36 himself so hes no spring chicken either, probably a close back and forth fight

Comment

Originally posted by Smash View Post
            the jap has just turned 36 himself so hes no spring chicken either, probably a close back and forth fight
            mileage matters.

when Floyd met Pac, he's older, but Pac been in many wars already.

Murata is fresh. GGG had 350 amateur fights.

Comment

Originally posted by ELPacman View Post
              I hope it didn't take Murata much time to come to that conclusion. Anyone boxing at 40 and over is WELL PAST THEIR PRIME. You can have some "exceptions" in usually the heavyweight division since the majority are slow plodding punchers, but for I'd say anyone 195lbs and lighter, you're going to show your vulnerability and degrading in skill at 40yrs old and above.
              Mostly true. See Bhop.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post

mileage matters.

when Floyd met Pac, he's older, but Pac been in many wars already.

Murata is fresh. GGG had 350 amateur fights.
                yes ggg has had a lot of fights over his career im surprised hes still going actually, what he has left will be interesting to find out, he certainly wont be improving from his last few outings tho i would say

Comment

also why Lomencheko seems to be in decline. dude also had like 300 amateur fights.

Kostya Tszyu for reference, retired at 36. dude had only 200 amateur fights and only 30 pro fights.

Comment

Originally posted by HeadShots View Post
                    also why Lomencheko seems to be in decline. dude also had like 300 amateur fights.
                    There seems to be a tradition of a lot of these eastern euro guys staying in the ams for a long time, whereas we as fans want to see them as pros, nobody cares about the ams lets be honest, its a different world to the pros, pitty pat point scoring stuff, lets be honest, i mean it suits different styles so its still an achievement to do well in it but a lot more people can do well in the ams than in the pros

Comment

Working...
                    X