Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lee Selby, Former Featherweight Champion, Retires At 35

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Lee Selby, Former Featherweight Champion, Retires At 35

Former featherweight champion Lee Selby announced his retirement from boxing at the age of 35 following a fourteen-year career and 32 professional fights.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Not many kids make it from the Welsh small hall scene to a World Champion with multiple defences. Congratulations on a great career. Enjoy retirement champ.
    Rackz Rackz L. Cipher L. Cipher like this.

Comment

Excellent farewell letter. I wish I could have seen more of him. He sounds like a well grounded, down to earth individual. Best of luck to this man.

Comment

Thanks for the memories, champ.

Comment

That was an incredibly articulate way to call it a day. Well said and happy retirement

Comment

Hopefully he can stay away, very rare a fighter does. Judging by his letter he may be one of the few that does stay retired. Best of luck and congrats on retirement.

Comment

Guy came from total obscurity in fighting on these small hall shows and he wasn't a top amatuer or a huge puncher that got him noticed so he had to work his way up the domestic scene and he did well to get that world title especially as people thought his brother would be the more successful he definitely had a solid career

Comment

Originally posted by jonnyc420 View Post
                Hopefully he can stay away, very rare a fighter does. Judging by his letter he may be one of the few that does stay retired. Best of luck and congrats on retirement.
                Tbh I saw his last fight and he just didn't look the same fighter anymore he was there getting bashed around the ring by that Argentinan fella who just looked like basic pressure fighter and the Leigh at featherweight was so much slicker and could evade guys like that and in this fight he just didn't really have none of that
                jonnyc420 jonnyc420 likes this.

Comment

I'll always remember him for getting punked on live tv by Gary Russell Jr of all people.

Comment

Well done Lee Selby it was a pleasure to see you acheive great things in boxing you are a true inspiration

Comment

Working...
                    X