Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nearing 40, Golovkin Has No Regrets About Career Hits and Misses

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nearing 40, Golovkin Has No Regrets About Career Hits and Misses

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - No matter how you slice it, Gennadiy Golovkin had a helluva run. He was the consensus boogeyman of the middleweight division for several years, titillated premium cable audiences with a prodigious KO streak and earned himself positive mentions in sentences alongside household 160-pound names of the recent past like Hagler and Hopkins.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Golovkin is the modern day Marvin Hagler. He fought anyone who's willing to face him. Despite Canelo aging him out and waited until GGG is past his prime, GGG still managed to beat Canelo twice. And now GGG is making history as the only 40yr old MW in boxing history to unify titles.

Comment

With all the money he got from being a champ and making millions? Kinda hard to have regrets. And being robbed is not exactly something you can regret.
      Ezavvy Ezavvy siablo14 siablo14 like this.

Comment

I think GGG has two more fights left in him after if he wins this weekend

Comment

He made a shvt ton of money, became a world champion multiple times & as far as I can tell he still has his brains intact. what else could you ask for ?

Boxing is a cruel sport. So many talented guys never make it big time. & even if you do, nothings guaranteed. Think about how many guys have come & gone & never made any real money, never won a legit title & left the sport broke with brain damage.

Comment

It sucks that in his prime, the other top fighters in his division ducked him blatantly. It's only when they saw *****s in the armour in the Kell Brook fight, that they started to step up. His resume would be much better otherwise.

Comment

Originally posted by maespinoza1990 View Post
              I think GGG has two more fights left in him after if he wins this weekend
              I agree he has a certain number of fights left in him, and I have been saying two or three good ones . Yet I never thought it would take this long or go in some of the directions it has with 3G I watched him come up the ranks this fight will not disappoint neither will the last two/three he has. On this coming fight there will be no dancing only fighting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
                He made a shvt ton of money, became a world champion multiple times & as far as I can tell he still has his brains intact. what else could you ask for ?

Boxing is a cruel sport. So many talented guys never make it big time. & even if you do, nothings guaranteed. Think about how many guys have come & gone & never made any real money, never won a legit title & left the sport broke with brain damage.
                This is all fact. Even if GGG legacy is based solely on his fights with Canelo he is a rich man. Known worldwide, fought on the biggest stages and did alot of things in a sport very few ever do. He can retire happy and healthy!
                siablo14 siablo14 likes this.

Comment

It's a shame it took so long for G to get a big fight. Lotta guys dodged hi., should be criminal how blatant. Saunders swerved him.

Comment

I'll be pulling for GGG if the Canelo rubbermatch comes off. I think GGG walks through Murata but Bivol could well derail Canelo-GGG III.
                    Elastic Recoilz Elastic Recoilz likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X