Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Gennadiy Will Not Be Intimidated By Crowd in Murata Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Coach: Gennadiy Will Not Be Intimidated By Crowd in Murata Clash

Gennadiy "GGG" Golovkin (41-1-1, 36 KOs), from Karaganda, Kazakhstan, brought the Big Drama Show and his IBF and IBO world titles to Japan last week. Golovkin has crossed the U.S. and the Pacific Ocean to face two-time WBA middleweight champion and Japan's national hero Ryota Murata (16-2, 13 KOs) in a long-awaited world title unification fight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I've always wondered about this. Do fighters really crack under the fans or a little shook? Like when alot of people fought cotto in msg. Not alot of road warriors nowadays

Comment

Japanese crowds are respectful and silent, they're not loud and disorderly like American crowds.

Comment

Why would he. Japanese people are the most polite in the world. Japanese boxing fans barely even cheer or clap in the arenas.

Comment

Ggg tripping. These ain't like American fans or UK

Comment

This should be on Saturday morning in the US, right? I've gotten up early to watch fights from Japan before. I'm expecting GGG to win, but I don't mind watching a fight in the morning with my coffee
            P to the J P to the J likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by wrecksracer View Post
              This should be on Saturday morning in the US, right? I've gotten up early to watch fights from Japan before. I'm expecting GGG to win, but I don't mind watching a fight in the morning with my coffee
              Main card starts at 5:10am Eastern Standard Time and ringwalks are scheduled for 8:10am EST.
              I’ll DVR it I don’t want to get to that early on a Saturday.
              wrecksracer wrecksracer likes this.

Comment

Like several people have stated above and in other threads…… Japanese crowds are extremely respectful. There’s literally nothing to worry about lol

Comment

unrelated:
                  I was reading an article about GGGs back story, his two older brothers were soldiers & killed in action. The family was given no explanation & they were buried with empty caskets. & his other brother Max is actually his twin.

I also had no idea that Golovkin was half Korean from his mothers side. Wonder why he never embraced his Korean side. (Ex. Walked out with the Korean flag, fought in Korea, spoke a little Korean, etc) He could have tapped into a whole other market.

Comment

War G

Comment

Working...
                    X