Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence: If I Would've Fought Pacquiao, I Probably Would've Been Blind And Lost My Career

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Spence: If I Would've Fought Pacquiao, I Probably Would've Been Blind And Lost My Career

Errol Spence remains unbothered by losing out on a dream fight. A retinal detachment in his left eye discovered during a pre-fight medical examination forced the unbeaten IBF/WBC welterweight champion out of a planned superfight with former eight-division titlist Manny Pacquiao (62-8-2, 39KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

"Errol Spence remains unbothered by losing out on a dream fight." And well Spence should as no rational person would risk losing his sight in one eye for the glory of fighting -- even against an all time great.

Comment

Originally posted by Rapscallion View Post
      "Errol Spence remains unbothered by losing out on a dream fight." And well Spence should as no rational person would risk losing his sight in one eye for the glory of fighting -- even against an all time great.

Yeah, fair play. Knocked him for his career as a whole, but there’s absolutely no shame in protecting your health
      The tucker The tucker HrNY HrNY like this.

Comment

Just ask Israel Vazquez.

Comment

Yep, he got very fortunate they were able to catch it. The payday he missed out and beating a legend hurts, but that's nothing compared to losing your eyesight from one of your eyes. I'm glad he has come around and isn't saying what he said after he had to pull out of the Pacquiao fight...I think he said something like even if I lose my eyesight in one eye, I can see my kids with the others. NO!!! I have an uncle who is completely blind from one eye and it's not good at all.

Hopefully Spence's eye holds up after this fight and going forward.

Comment

Talk about a tough break for Spence. Here we thought Pac might give him hell based on those training videos. Then Spence pulls out due to injury, Ugas jumps in and gets a "W" on a super old looking Pac. If it had been Spence in there, it could of been a stoppage win. Missed out on a huge "W" for his career but as indicated, if the eye injury was legit as stated, he could of lost sight from a few punches making contact with it. Just real bad luck for him there.

Comment

Still trying to sell a fake injury huh
              TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

#ManhoodDown
                #DuckSeason

No you aint gonna be blind coz you have no "eye injury", you just pvssied out coz you were struggling in weight and training while pacquiao was looking sharp as fk
                Last edited by ooMCFMoo; 04-04-2022, 11:59 AM.
                TinAgeOfBoxing TinAgeOfBoxing likes this.

Comment

Spence is right, because Pacquiao still lumped up ugas face, he was touching ugas around the eye area, people can hate but spence did the smart thing

Comment

There is such a thing as, “fighting another day.” Literally.

Comment

Working...
                    X