Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marshall's Brutal KO Win Over Hermans Assures A Shields Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marshall's Brutal KO Win Over Hermans Assures A Shields Showdown

By Corey Erdman - The story of Savannah Marshall and Claressa Shields has been framed in many different ways. A tale of a fighter, Shields, looking to avenge her last loss in any form of boxing from 2012. A tale of a fighter in Marshall seeking her just due, her opportunity to prove that she is the kryptonite to women's boxing's Superwoman. But a forgotten aspect of the long, testy feud between Marshall and Shields is that the last two times they could have fought in the amateurs, Marshall lost before they could meet in the tournament finals.
    [Click Here To Read More]

No matter who wins,
    you know you got a good fight.
    Either Shields survives some tough moments by UD,
    or Marshall goes to war and wins by KO.
    I don't see a boring fight here at all.
    mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Good fight and I like both fighters. Putting my money on shields though.
      mgame mgame likes this.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post

That KO is as good as any KO on the men side... Perfect technique, perfect buildup ... 10/10 ... Shields doesn't want that... THAT'S PAIN !
          Last edited by Superbee; 04-04-2022, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

That KO is as good as any KO on the men side... Perfect technique, perfect buildup ... 10/10 ... Shields doesn't want that... THAT'S PAIN !
            Savanah's aim was precise in spite offsetting her balance as she missed the right. The jab lands twice on Femke Hermans against the ropes, this enables Marshall to assign the left-hook as the distance shortens in her pursuit.

Savanah Marshall's ability to quickly read the opening in Femke Hermans defense is underappreciated, the power and brutality is obviously the focus but I find the method to the end even more impressive.

Comment

Savanah's aim was precise in spite offsetting her balance as she missed the right. The jab lands twice on Femke Hermans against the ropes, this enables Marshall to assign the left-hook as the distance shortens in her pursuit.

Savanah Marshall's ability to quickly read the opening in Femke Hermans defense is underappreciated, the power and brutality is obviously the focus but I find the method to the end even more impressive.

She missed the right hook because of a good defensive move from Femke... But she knew the left would open afterward ... She just waited for Femke to straight up, and Boom ... textbook KO ...

Comment

Originally posted by Superbee View Post

She missed the right hook because of a good defensive move from Femke... But she knew the left would open afterward ... She just waited for Femke to straight up, and Boom ... textbook KO ...
                A good roll by Femke Hermans to avoid the right. However, she was a bit too aggressive in the third and final round, constantly engaging in a fire fight with Savanah off the ropes ; sooner or later it was going to cost her.

I think that Claressa Shields should study this fight and remember to not attempt to trade with Savanah Marshall.

Comment

A good roll by Femke Hermans to avoid the right. However, she was a bit too aggressive in the third and final round, constantly engaging in a fire fight with Savanah off the ropes ; sooner or later it was going to cost her.

I think that Claressa Shields should study this fight and remember to not attempt to trade with Savanah Marshall.
                  Problem is she's so unsettled by the whole thing that she will try to prove herself on Power.... Something she never had ... That's gonna be her downfall ... I don't think she has the I.Q. to not fall in that trapp ... The Broner analogy goes a long way for Shields...
                  Last edited by Superbee; 04-04-2022, 04:13 PM.

Comment

Vegas has Shields as a +125 underdog, in their initial line... Interesting to see how that moves but I like Shields with those odds

Comment

Working...
                    X