Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Campbell Fight Taught Me How I Would Respond In Face Of Adversity

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia: Campbell Fight Taught Me How I Would Respond In Face Of Adversity

Among the many things that Ryan Garcia has done to prepare for the future was relive his past. The unbeaten lightweight has spent the past eight weeks under the watchful eye of new head trainer Joe Goossen, as they prepare for an April 9 DAZN headliner versus Ghana's Emmanuel Tagoe at Alamodome in San Antonio, Texas. The time spent together has included the studying of Garcia's most recent win, an off-the-canvas, seventh-round knockout of 2012 Olympic Gold medalist and former title challenger Luke Campbell last January in Dallas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Might be more challenging to overcome adversity with a tougher opponent who isn’t recovering from COVID and not able to put his foot on the gas after splattering you across the ring.
    Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

More talk but no fighting from this jerk off

Comment

Damn. Lot of hate on Ryan.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloBlue View Post
          It's deserved, he does a ton of talking but barely fights. He should quiet down and just fight, he'd be more likeable.

Comment

Well after cambell heavily knocked him down he spiralled into depression, then needed to take a few years off, canelos team rejected him because he views himself as a professional pretty boy, I think he needs to transition, and is in total denial

Comment

In the face of adversity he had to go see a head doctor.

Comment

He faced adversity fine being that he was able to get back up from the punch. What the problem here is that Luke isn't a monster puncher and was able to do that. I'm afraid, the next time he gets dropped by a punch, he just might not be able to get back up. To put that in context, if he fought another Luke Campbell and he got dropped again, we know he can get through it. If he fought someone like Davis perhaps and got flattened, I don't think he's getting back up to get through it.

Though all this remains to be seen as he rarely fights, lol. He should get through his chump bout on Saturday and then hopefully moves on to something big.
                Zaroku Zaroku likes this.

Comment

I wanna see Ryan walk through hell…
                  throw chingasos and give more than he gets.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloBlue View Post
                    I don't get it. He's just a kid making his way up.

Comment

Working...
                    X