Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence, Canelo-Golovkin, Nakathila-Berchelt, Wood, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence, Canelo-Golovkin, Nakathila-Berchelt, Wood, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Errol Spence vs. Yordenis Ugas, Nakathila's vicious stoppage of Miguel Berchelt, Leigh Wood's spectacular win over Michael Conlan, Canelo vs. Golovkin trilogy, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Happy Birthday Breadman! And good read as always

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Errol Spence vs. Yordenis Ugas, Nakathila's vicious stoppage of Miguel Berchelt, Leigh Wood's spectacular win over Michael Conlan, Canelo vs. Golovkin trilogy, and more.
      [Click Here To Read More]
      Appreciate these reads. And tell Bread Happy B-Day

Comment

Happy B'day Breadman. Your feature is a welcome respite, a lighthouse beacon one wants to coast towards in the night, for some solidity.

Comment

Always good reading Breadman he knows his s*** and is completely unbiased. F*** me though someone actually said Tim Tszyus best win was over Denis Hogan even though he destroyed Jeff Horn and competely outclassed Takeshi Inoue. Anyway good read!

Comment

Great mailbag as per usual

At this point, since they've changed the interface, I only come here for the mailbags usually

Comment

Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
              Always good reading Breadman he knows his s*** and is completely unbiased. F*** me though someone actually said Tim Tszyus best win was over Denis Hogan even though he destroyed Jeff Horn and competely outclassed Takeshi Inoue. Anyway good read!
              Jeff Horn was shot to sht, and was never that much other than tough at his best, Inoue couldn't throw a straight punch to save his life, Terrel had 4 wks notice and didnt look to me like he really tried to win, Ive seen it many times with red hot guys not supposed to lose to the Terrels of the division, he fought in spurts and when he got on the front foot he boxed his ears off then would just go back to the high guard punching bag, Tim doesnt impress me at all he is strong and determined and that demeaner will get him stopped with the top guys.

Comment

Of course if Naoya Inoue started out at 147 and he moved through 3 divisions with his level of destruction up to 160 he would be considered P4P best.

But guess what? 147 through 160 is a MUCH deeper and harder gauntlet to get through than the 3 divisions Inoue has actually done this in. You can't just automatically say that they are equivalent accomplishments, the quality of opposition matters.

This is why he doesn't get harder consideration for #1 P4P, not because of his size or where he's from. Look at Chocolatito: did his size and where he's from stop him from reaching the top spot? Naw.

I feel Bread was inaccurate with that commentary.
                aboutfkntime aboutfkntime likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Of course if Naoya Inoue started out at 147 and he moved through 3 divisions with his level of destruction up to 160 he would be considered P4P best.

But guess what? 147 through 160 is a MUCH deeper and harder gauntlet to get through than the 3 divisions Inoue has actually done this in. You can't just automatically say that they are equivalent accomplishments, the quality of opposition matters.

This is why he doesn't get harder consideration for #1 P4P, not because of his size or where he's from. Look at Chocolatito: did his size and where he's from stop him from reaching the top spot? Naw.

I feel Bread was inaccurate with that commentary.

in a discussion about genuine greatness, I gotta agree with that

forget numbers... who did you beat, with consideration given to when/how

Inoue is clearly one of the top fighters in the world, based on style/skills/form... but he does not have a better resume than Canelo at 154/160/168

but in true pound-for-pound sense (Ceteris Paribus)... or, who would win if all things were equal... Inoue is right up there
                  based on style/skills/form

Comment

Working...
                  X