Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marshall Rips Shields: You Can't Call Yourself GWOAT If You Can't Perform, Get Knockouts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marshall Rips Shields: You Can't Call Yourself GWOAT If You Can't Perform, Get Knockouts

Savannah Marshall thinks Claressa Shields promises too much, delivers too little. Marshall, the WBO women's middleweight titlist from Newcastle, England, has been on a collision course with Flint, Michigan's Shields, who holds the WBC, WBA, and IBF titles, for the past couple of years.
    [Click Here To Read More]

You don't have to have a lot of knockouts to be a great fighter/ boxer. But alas, I can't say I've watched a lot of women's boxing, balthoufh saw that Shields is skillful.
    bballchump11 bballchump11 likes this.

Comment

Although Claressa Shields is a very skillful fighter, I don't see her as the greatest female fighter of all time.
      I don't like watching her fights, because they're as exciting as watching paint dry.
      You don't have to have savage knockout power to be a great fighter, but it sure does help.
      pnut901 pnut901 likes this.

Comment

The bar of women's boxing is so incredibly low but I watched Shields vs that boxcercise trainee a few weeks back and jesus christ if that's the best women can do they should pack it in now.

They made Chris Euwank Jr look like a prime Ali when he came in after them by comparrison

Other than being an SJW I don't know why anyone would watch women's boxing, you'll find more talent amongst male boxers down your local leisure centre than in women's world title matches.
        Last edited by Earl-Hickey; 04-02-2022, 07:52 AM.

Comment

I look forward to them fighting. personally, I can't see past Marshall winning. Shields is faster, but Marshall is just has skilled and I think will win the battle of the jabs. Also, they are going to trade and trade often. There is too much between for that not to happen. Neither will fight this to nick a points decision. Too much at stake, and for me, the difference in power between them is huge. Peter Fury is a great coach and he's worked on Marshall's technique and timing, that's added to her power.

I'm really looking forward to Serrano vs Taylor as well, but I think that will be a high energy, scrappy affair, plenty of hugging and Katie headbutts, with every round being hard to score. This will be more of a war. Nash out.

Comment

Shields is faster & a better boxer but Marshall has a puncher's chance. Hope the fight gets made.

Comment

I like both ladies and it makes for an interesting fight seeing that Marshall is a well composed relaxed fighter which I appreciate about her, Claressa brings attitude, speed and a bit of flair however, I see Claressa as being able to be hit with her hands down and staying close while slipping shots. I'm from Michigan and support Claressa 1000% but this won't be easy as she thinks, and Marshall isn't a pushover inside that ring and has a good skillset as well.

Comment

I'm no fan of Claressa Shields but she does "perform". Marshall said Shields last fight was a dud and she under performed but she totally schooled her opponent every minute of every round.

I'm not sure I'd subscribe to her being the GWOAT but there is no doubt she is easily one of the best the sport has seen.

Comment

who has shields actually beat lol

Comment

Leave the roasting and shyte talking to shields, love. Your game is weak

Comment

Working...
                    X